Chevrolet 4x4 Trucks - Main Page

Chevrolet 4x4 Trucks - GM's off-road trucks. Mostly Chevrolet but other GM models are also discussed here. This forums is a Web, RSS and Social Media interface to alt.autos.4x4.chevy-trucks.
There are 44960 articles in 8579 discussions. See the most recent and the best rated articles in Chevrolet 4x4 Trucks

The most recent discussions

2000 silverado tow question

August 11, 2015, 7:15 pm

Hi All, I have a 2000 silverado Z71 extended cab with 85k miles. I am going to tow a friend of mines toy hauler this weekend. It weighs roughly 4700lbs. I have towed more than this before but... Read more »

Does anyone offer a 6" suspension lift kit for a 1989 S-10 4WD Blazer?

August 11, 2015, 12:33 am

Looking for a 6 suspension lift for a 1989 S-10 4WD Blazer! Read more »

1989 chevy k5 TBI lopey idle one side seems to be a good spray of fuel, o

August 9, 2015, 12:23 pm

Chevy 1989 5.7 TBI lopey idle , one side seems to have a good spray of fuel while running and the lopey idle will clear up and idle normal. Read more »

specs for torque on a 4l60e transmission pan bolt for 1999 firebird

August 6, 2015, 12:38 am

Need torque specs on a 4160e transmisson pan bolt for 1999 firebird Read more »

94 chevy s-10 v6 4x4 trouble

July 15, 2015, 7:22 pm

well it was driving just fine bout an hour ago and all of a sudden it started acting like it wasnt grabing the gear and the rpm gauge went really high Read more »

2000 Blazer LT overhead compass/outside temp won't turn on

July 4, 2015, 3:24 am

Problem started in very cold weather (I live in Minnesota) when automatic headlights wouldn't come on but would when turned on manually but the compass/temp always did work. Auto headlights work now... Read more »

07 Sierra blend door problem??

June 13, 2015, 5:55 pm

AC doing its thing, then noticed warmish air coming out of the vents. Stopped vehicle, restarted and all is ok. Seem to remember that this is a sign of a blend door not doing its thing. Easy wa... Read more »

95 chevy TBI high idle comes and go,s some days 700

June 12, 2015, 3:47 pm

It runs good like it should and some days idle runs about 1000 to 1500 rpm new tpi new temp sencor clean tbi new egr new male ends can not control idle whats up with this system Read more »

3rd brake light

May 25, 2015, 5:45 pm

2007 crew cab. Noticed that drivers side tail light was full of water, about 1 inch. Drained, dried, applied rtv at intersections. It remains dry today. Noticed the 3rd brake light now has ab... Read more »

1978 chevy wiper won't shut off

May 13, 2015, 2:49 pm

It randomly comes on and runs on delay. I replaced the switch from a delay switch to a Off, Low, High switch. This didn't help, what next? Read more »

Click here for other recent discussions »

The best rated discussions

rating
5

Pickup + Snow: Need 4wd?

All the cars I've ever owned, positraction would get me through almost anything and chains would get me through the other 1%. But when I lived in a warm climate, I had a '63 Chevy van and the tractio... Read more »

rating
5

interpreting WinALDL data?

Title says it all have an 89 S-10 with 4.3 giving me mileage problems and I believe running rich. Want to know what the values should be and what the abbreviations and etc mean.... Read more »

rating
5

Re: Silverado 5.3 liter stalled

found the problem , it was the fuel pump it had about 15lbs of pressure changed it runs fine happy happy happy Read more »

rating
5

1990 CHEVY 1500 4X4 DOESNT ENGAGE PLEASE HELP

When I put the transfer case shifter into 4 wheel drive (either 4hi or 4lo) nothing happens. The transfercase seems fine, it goes into each gear fairly easily sometimes a mild grind? but you can feel... Read more »

rating
5

83 Chevy Suburban rear window stuck down (HELP)

I have a 83 Suburban that the electric window won;t go up. I want to pull out the motor and replace it but don't know how. Does anyone know how to get the window up so I can get to the motor? Al Read more »

rating
4

2000 Blazer vacuum line schematic..??

Hi all, Posted a few days back regarding help with no heat to the floor of my 2000 Blazer. So far no responses, so I was wondering if anyone has a schematic of the vacuum hose layout so I could beg... Read more »

rating
4

P0101 Error Code

I have a 99 K1500 suburban that has been giving me lots of trouble. I have replaced the camshaft and crankshaft position sensors, a catalytic converter, and rear oxygen sensors. Now I have a P0101 er... Read more »

rating
4

1985 2.8L ESC ?

Hi there, I just got this truck and it's my first look under the hood. Its a 1985 S10 4x4 Tahoe 2.8-carb that is 100% stock. (or rebuilt) calif. emissions label #UDW, vin #1GCDT14B4F8194102 The parts... Read more »

rating
3

WARNING!: GM CHEATING THOUSANDS

GM IS CHEATING THOUSANDS OF THEIR HARD EARNED MONEY, LEAVING MANY STRANDED & IN FINACIAL DIFFICULTY, WARRANTEE COMPANIES ARE GOING BANKRUPT TRYING TO KEEP UP WITH EXTENSIVE REPAIRS FROM FAULTY GM ENG... Read more »