Chevrolet 4x4 Trucks - Main Page

Chevrolet 4x4 Trucks - GM's off-road trucks. Mostly Chevrolet but other GM models are also discussed here. This forums is a Web, Mobile and Social Media interface to alt.autos.4x4.chevy-trucks.
There are 44976 articles in 8584 discussions. See the most recent and the best rated articles in Chevrolet 4x4 Trucks

The most recent discussions

200 silverado 1500 fuel pump

June 21, 2016, 8:31 pm

Hey all, I have a 2000 silverado 1500 z71 with 89k miles. I never run the truck und er 1/4 tank of fuel. I recently noticed the fuel pump has a considerable w hine that can be heard 30' from the... Read more »

2000 silverado helper springs

January 27, 2016, 7:50 pm

Hey all (if there's anyone here anymore). I have a 2000 silverado 1500 z71 and I wanted to put an add a leaf or some sort of helper springs so when I load with 1000+ lbs it doesn't sag and ban g ... Read more »

MERRY CHRISTMAS

December 20, 2015, 1:06 am

I want to wish everyone a Merry Christmas , or what ever holiday you celebrate at this time of year. Happy New year Too !!! Doug Read more »

Whats the Spark Plug Gap - 1995 K-2500 / 350 eng.

December 4, 2015, 12:57 am

Whats the Spark Plug Gap for a 1995 K-2500 truch with a 350 engine? If it matters, it has throttle body, is a 4x4 with a manual tranny. Read more »

Electric Air Pump Motor A.I.R. Smog 12555164 is taking up too much room

October 8, 2015, 8:50 pm

My year 2000 Chevy Tahoe has a Electric Air Pump Motor to help re-introduce hydrocarbons from the exhaust manifold to the air injection system, to reduce emissions. This is a good thing, and all ca... Read more »

2000 silverado tow question

August 11, 2015, 7:15 pm

Hi All, I have a 2000 silverado Z71 extended cab with 85k miles. I am going to tow a friend of mines toy hauler this weekend. It weighs roughly 4700lbs. I have towed more than this before but... Read more »

Does anyone offer a 6" suspension lift kit for a 1989 S-10 4WD Blazer?

August 11, 2015, 12:33 am

Looking for a 6 suspension lift for a 1989 S-10 4WD Blazer! Read more »

1989 chevy k5 TBI lopey idle one side seems to be a good spray of fuel, o

August 9, 2015, 12:23 pm

Chevy 1989 5.7 TBI lopey idle , one side seems to have a good spray of fuel while running and the lopey idle will clear up and idle normal. Read more »

specs for torque on a 4l60e transmission pan bolt for 1999 firebird

August 6, 2015, 12:38 am

Need torque specs on a 4160e transmisson pan bolt for 1999 firebird Read more »

94 chevy s-10 v6 4x4 trouble

July 15, 2015, 7:22 pm

well it was driving just fine bout an hour ago and all of a sudden it started acting like it wasnt grabing the gear and the rpm gauge went really high Read more »

Click here for other recent discussions »

The best rated discussions

unknown codes rating: 5

Hi anyone like to shed some light on what these codes are? U1026 Loss of Class 2 Communication with ATC U1041 Loss Of EBCM Communication. Truck is a '99 Silverado 4x4, 5.3l Codes were read with a Tec... Read more »

6.5 diesel coolant loss rating: 5

My 6.5 needs coolant every week. Loses about a litre from the overflow every week. No leaks on the ground - no water in the oil. Where's it going? Into the cylinder? Read more »

DIsabling security start on 95 blazer rating: 5

Our Blazer has some sort of security thing at startup.. the started won't engage unless you hit unlock on the key fob.. Anyone know if this can be disabled or something? Nothing in the manual about ... Read more »

Twin stick shifter for NP203? rating: 5

Age has definitely gotten the best of my factory shifter in my truck and I was wondering if anyone makes a twin stick shifter for a '79 GMC NP203? I've done some looking around and haven't been able ... Read more »

"Standard" rear axle size & spline # for 1998 Z71 K1500 ??? rating: 5

Does anyone _know_ if there is a standard rear axle size & # of splines for a 1998 K1500 Z71 Extra Cab pickup? Thinking about replacing open rear carrier with G80 or other locking differential and ... Read more »

Who`s blowing my horn??? rating: 5

I could sure use some help if anyone has had a simular problem like the one I`am having. At 3.00am my horn started blowing and would only stop if I opened the doors or disconnected the battery..The h... Read more »

'02 trailblazer engine noise 4.2 vortec rating: 5

My son has a '02 trailblazer with the 4.2 vortec. It sounds as if a camshaft is broke, or maybe he dropped a valve. It is very loud inside the oil filler neck when I listened through a hose, and no... Read more »

'83 C-10, wipers won't shut off rating: 5

I have a half-ton 83 pickup, and the wipers won't shut off. I've disassembled the switch, cleaned and lubricated all the contacts, and the problem still persists. I can change the wiper speed fine.... Read more »

s10 blazer transmission swap rating: 5

we have two chevy s10 blazers: an '87 tahoe with a 2.8 v6 (tbi) and an automatic transmission (i believe it's a four speed, but i could be wrong), and an '88 base model with a 2.8 v6 (tbi) and five s... Read more »

91 GMC Sierra ABS Brake light code question rating: 5

91 GMC Sierra ABS Brake light code question. I'm getting 6 short and one long flash, over and over. The brakes work, but I was told the code has something to do with the ABS and the number of flashes... Read more »