Chevrolet 4x4 Trucks - Main Page

Chevrolet 4x4 Trucks - GM's off-road trucks. Mostly Chevrolet but other GM models are also discussed here. This forums is a Web, Mobile and Social Media interface to
There are 44961 articles in 8579 discussions. See the most recent and the best rated articles in Chevrolet 4x4 Trucks

The most recent discussions

2000 silverado tow question

August 11, 2015, 7:15 pm

Hi All, I have a 2000 silverado Z71 extended cab with 85k miles. I am going to tow a friend of mines toy hauler this weekend. It weighs roughly 4700lbs. I have towed more than this before but... Read more »

Does anyone offer a 6" suspension lift kit for a 1989 S-10 4WD Blazer?

August 11, 2015, 12:33 am

Looking for a 6 suspension lift for a 1989 S-10 4WD Blazer! Read more »

1989 chevy k5 TBI lopey idle one side seems to be a good spray of fuel, o

August 9, 2015, 12:23 pm

Chevy 1989 5.7 TBI lopey idle , one side seems to have a good spray of fuel while running and the lopey idle will clear up and idle normal. Read more »

specs for torque on a 4l60e transmission pan bolt for 1999 firebird

August 6, 2015, 12:38 am

Need torque specs on a 4160e transmisson pan bolt for 1999 firebird Read more »

94 chevy s-10 v6 4x4 trouble

July 15, 2015, 7:22 pm

well it was driving just fine bout an hour ago and all of a sudden it started acting like it wasnt grabing the gear and the rpm gauge went really high Read more »

2000 Blazer LT overhead compass/outside temp won't turn on

July 4, 2015, 3:24 am

Problem started in very cold weather (I live in Minnesota) when automatic headlights wouldn't come on but would when turned on manually but the compass/temp always did work. Auto headlights work now... Read more »

07 Sierra blend door problem??

June 13, 2015, 5:55 pm

AC doing its thing, then noticed warmish air coming out of the vents. Stopped vehicle, restarted and all is ok. Seem to remember that this is a sign of a blend door not doing its thing. Easy wa... Read more »

95 chevy TBI high idle comes and go,s some days 700

June 12, 2015, 3:47 pm

It runs good like it should and some days idle runs about 1000 to 1500 rpm new tpi new temp sencor clean tbi new egr new male ends can not control idle whats up with this system Read more »

3rd brake light

May 25, 2015, 5:45 pm

2007 crew cab. Noticed that drivers side tail light was full of water, about 1 inch. Drained, dried, applied rtv at intersections. It remains dry today. Noticed the 3rd brake light now has ab... Read more »

1978 chevy wiper won't shut off

May 13, 2015, 2:49 pm

It randomly comes on and runs on delay. I replaced the switch from a delay switch to a Off, Low, High switch. This didn't help, what next? Read more »

Click here for other recent discussions »

The best rated discussions

94 S10 Blazer 4x4 transmission vacuum lines rating: 5

I recently purchased a 94 S10 Blazer 4x4. While performing various maintinance/service, I noticed the 3 vacuum lines, that go to the vacuum switch on top of the transmittion/transfer case, were rott... Read more »

96 Suburban vibration, rear differential? rating: 5

Hello, I have a '96 1/2 ton 4WD Suburban. I think I have a rear differential that is going bad. Here are the symptons. A low growl noise and vibration occur when deaccelerating down hill in 2WD. W... Read more »

Pickup + Snow: Need 4wd? rating: 5

All the cars I've ever owned, positraction would get me through almost anything and chains would get me through the other 1%. But when I lived in a warm climate, I had a '63 Chevy van and the tractio... Read more »

2004 Tahoe key will not turn in the ignition rating: 5

We can't start the Tahoe because the key will not turn in the ignition. The wheels are straight, the emergency brake is off, the battery seems to have plenty of juice (when we swith the lights on th... Read more »

Service Engine Light rating: 5

1999 GMC Sierra 1/2 Ton 4x4 5.3 V-8 113k Miles Service Engine light has come on several times, each time I get a P4044(I think that's the number, generic emissions) Code. Replaced the Gas Cap & Clea... Read more »

98 Tahoe 4x4 problem rating: 5

Hi new to group, I have a 98 Tahoe that up until two days ago ran great! It has lots of Km's on it (250,000). This is the prob, I was running in Auto 4x4 (snow up here in Canada) everything just fine... Read more »

Re: Silverado 5.3 liter stalled rating: 5

found the problem , it was the fuel pump it had about 15lbs of pressure changed it runs fine happy happy happy Read more »

700R4 vs. TH400 rating: 5

I have a 700R4 which needs to be rebuilt. I have been told that the tv cable on that particular transmission should probably be installed by a pro. I have also been told that the cost of rebuildi... Read more »

When I put the transfer case shifter into 4 wheel drive (either 4hi or 4lo) nothing happens. The transfercase seems fine, it goes into each gear fairly easily sometimes a mild grind? but you can feel... Read more »

HELP - 1998 K1500 - Rear Differential Fluid Identification rating: 5

Looking for help identifying the fluid type in the 1998 K1500 rear differential. It is a 3.73 locking diff. Strangely enough, even though supplied with the VIN non of the dealerships are able to te... Read more » is a website by car enthusiasts for car enthusiasts. It is not affiliated with any of the car or spare part manufacturers or car dealers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.