Chevrolet 4x4 Trucks - Main Page

Chevrolet 4x4 Trucks - GM's off-road trucks. Mostly Chevrolet but other GM models are also discussed here. This forums is a Web, Mobile and Social Media interface to alt.autos.4x4.chevy-trucks.
There are 44971 articles in 8583 discussions. See the most recent and the best rated articles in Chevrolet 4x4 Trucks

The most recent discussions

2000 silverado helper springs

January 27, 2016, 7:50 pm

Hey all (if there's anyone here anymore). I have a 2000 silverado 1500 z71 and I wanted to put an add a leaf or some sort of helper springs so when I load with 1000+ lbs it doesn't sag and ban g ... Read more »

MERRY CHRISTMAS

December 20, 2015, 1:06 am

I want to wish everyone a Merry Christmas , or what ever holiday you celebrate at this time of year. Happy New year Too !!! Doug Read more »

Whats the Spark Plug Gap - 1995 K-2500 / 350 eng.

December 4, 2015, 12:57 am

Whats the Spark Plug Gap for a 1995 K-2500 truch with a 350 engine? If it matters, it has throttle body, is a 4x4 with a manual tranny. Read more »

Electric Air Pump Motor A.I.R. Smog 12555164 is taking up too much room

October 8, 2015, 8:50 pm

My year 2000 Chevy Tahoe has a Electric Air Pump Motor to help re-introduce hydrocarbons from the exhaust manifold to the air injection system, to reduce emissions. This is a good thing, and all ca... Read more »

2000 silverado tow question

August 11, 2015, 7:15 pm

Hi All, I have a 2000 silverado Z71 extended cab with 85k miles. I am going to tow a friend of mines toy hauler this weekend. It weighs roughly 4700lbs. I have towed more than this before but... Read more »

Does anyone offer a 6" suspension lift kit for a 1989 S-10 4WD Blazer?

August 11, 2015, 12:33 am

Looking for a 6 suspension lift for a 1989 S-10 4WD Blazer! Read more »

1989 chevy k5 TBI lopey idle one side seems to be a good spray of fuel, o

August 9, 2015, 12:23 pm

Chevy 1989 5.7 TBI lopey idle , one side seems to have a good spray of fuel while running and the lopey idle will clear up and idle normal. Read more »

specs for torque on a 4l60e transmission pan bolt for 1999 firebird

August 6, 2015, 12:38 am

Need torque specs on a 4160e transmisson pan bolt for 1999 firebird Read more »

94 chevy s-10 v6 4x4 trouble

July 15, 2015, 7:22 pm

well it was driving just fine bout an hour ago and all of a sudden it started acting like it wasnt grabing the gear and the rpm gauge went really high Read more »

2000 Blazer LT overhead compass/outside temp won't turn on

July 4, 2015, 3:24 am

Problem started in very cold weather (I live in Minnesota) when automatic headlights wouldn't come on but would when turned on manually but the compass/temp always did work. Auto headlights work now... Read more »

Click here for other recent discussions »

The best rated discussions

6.5 diesel coolant loss rating: 5

My 6.5 needs coolant every week. Loses about a litre from the overflow every week. No leaks on the ground - no water in the oil. Where's it going? Into the cylinder? Read more »

DIsabling security start on 95 blazer rating: 5

Our Blazer has some sort of security thing at startup.. the started won't engage unless you hit unlock on the key fob.. Anyone know if this can be disabled or something? Nothing in the manual about ... Read more »

vortec 4.3 serpentine belt tensioner rating: 5

Hi, I have a question regarding the belt tensioner on a 4.3L HO vortec v6 for a 98 chevy s-10 zr2. I had it replaced last year with my serpentine belt which was getting cracks in it. Since then, ev... Read more »

number on ring gear? rating: 5

I found this number on the ring gear of an s-10 4x4. anyone know the meaning of this number gm14056111 9:37 I am hoping it some how translates into the gear ratio but don't know. Anyone kn... Read more »

repairing the drivers door hinges the pins have worn the hings holes eggsha... rating: 5

I am looking for input on repairing the drivers door hinges the pins have worn the hinges holes eggshaped . The hinges are welded to the door and frame. This is a Blazer S10 1991 I will get new pins ... Read more »

'92 GMC failing idle HC smog test in California rating: 5

My '92 GMC 1/2 Ton 4X4 (350) with 140K miles is failing the California idle smog test. The test allows 120 Maximum HC (PPM) and my truck tested 175. The oil was clean at the time of the test. The ... Read more »

Who`s blowing my horn??? rating: 5

I could sure use some help if anyone has had a simular problem like the one I`am having. At 3.00am my horn started blowing and would only stop if I opened the doors or disconnected the battery..The h... Read more »

Air Bag Light, 97 GMC rating: 5

How do you reset the Check Air Bag dash light? Vehicle is a 97 GMC Jimmy, 4wd, 192K. All connections from the front impact sensors to the steering wheel have been checked and there does not appear ... Read more »

91 GMC Sierra ABS Brake light code question rating: 5

91 GMC Sierra ABS Brake light code question. I'm getting 6 short and one long flash, over and over. The brakes work, but I was told the code has something to do with the ABS and the number of flashes... Read more »

NP208 to NP205 swap... rating: 5

What are the differences in size between these two cases, assuming they both came out of a Chevy truck (not a F.O.R.D. or other version...)??? I'm just curious whether I'd need any adapters or a long... Read more »