Chevrolet 4x4 Trucks - Main Page

Chevrolet 4x4 Trucks - GM's off-road trucks. Mostly Chevrolet but other GM models are also discussed here. This forums is a Web, Mobile and Social Media interface to
There are 44964 articles in 8580 discussions. See the most recent and the best rated articles in Chevrolet 4x4 Trucks

The most recent discussions

Electric Air Pump Motor A.I.R. Smog 12555164 is taking up too much room

October 8, 2015, 8:50 pm

My year 2000 Chevy Tahoe has a Electric Air Pump Motor to help re-introduce hydrocarbons from the exhaust manifold to the air injection system, to reduce emissions. This is a good thing, and all ca... Read more »

2000 silverado tow question

August 11, 2015, 7:15 pm

Hi All, I have a 2000 silverado Z71 extended cab with 85k miles. I am going to tow a friend of mines toy hauler this weekend. It weighs roughly 4700lbs. I have towed more than this before but... Read more »

Does anyone offer a 6" suspension lift kit for a 1989 S-10 4WD Blazer?

August 11, 2015, 12:33 am

Looking for a 6 suspension lift for a 1989 S-10 4WD Blazer! Read more »

1989 chevy k5 TBI lopey idle one side seems to be a good spray of fuel, o

August 9, 2015, 12:23 pm

Chevy 1989 5.7 TBI lopey idle , one side seems to have a good spray of fuel while running and the lopey idle will clear up and idle normal. Read more »

specs for torque on a 4l60e transmission pan bolt for 1999 firebird

August 6, 2015, 12:38 am

Need torque specs on a 4160e transmisson pan bolt for 1999 firebird Read more »

94 chevy s-10 v6 4x4 trouble

July 15, 2015, 7:22 pm

well it was driving just fine bout an hour ago and all of a sudden it started acting like it wasnt grabing the gear and the rpm gauge went really high Read more »

2000 Blazer LT overhead compass/outside temp won't turn on

July 4, 2015, 3:24 am

Problem started in very cold weather (I live in Minnesota) when automatic headlights wouldn't come on but would when turned on manually but the compass/temp always did work. Auto headlights work now... Read more »

07 Sierra blend door problem??

June 13, 2015, 5:55 pm

AC doing its thing, then noticed warmish air coming out of the vents. Stopped vehicle, restarted and all is ok. Seem to remember that this is a sign of a blend door not doing its thing. Easy wa... Read more »

95 chevy TBI high idle comes and go,s some days 700

June 12, 2015, 3:47 pm

It runs good like it should and some days idle runs about 1000 to 1500 rpm new tpi new temp sencor clean tbi new egr new male ends can not control idle whats up with this system Read more »

3rd brake light

May 25, 2015, 5:45 pm

2007 crew cab. Noticed that drivers side tail light was full of water, about 1 inch. Drained, dried, applied rtv at intersections. It remains dry today. Noticed the 3rd brake light now has ab... Read more »

Click here for other recent discussions »

The best rated discussions

88 chevy 5.7 TBI CRAZY high idle rating: 5

your thoughts on this? A friends truck... and he tells me, problem all began when / after trying to jump start another vehicle... What I found is: this truck wants to idle fast. It's not the idle... Read more »

6.5 diesel coolant loss rating: 5

My 6.5 needs coolant every week. Loses about a litre from the overflow every week. No leaks on the ground - no water in the oil. Where's it going? Into the cylinder? Read more »

Who`s blowing my horn??? rating: 5

I could sure use some help if anyone has had a simular problem like the one I`am having. At 3.00am my horn started blowing and would only stop if I opened the doors or disconnected the battery..The h... Read more »

'92 GMC failing idle HC smog test in California rating: 5

My '92 GMC 1/2 Ton 4X4 (350) with 140K miles is failing the California idle smog test. The test allows 120 Maximum HC (PPM) and my truck tested 175. The oil was clean at the time of the test. The ... Read more »

Charging Battery While Still Hooked Up? rating: 5

Believe I've cooked a couple of alternators by giving people jump starts from my vehicle's battery while it's hooked into the electrical system. Based on that, I've always disconnected the battery be... Read more »

91 GMC Sierra ABS Brake light code question rating: 5

91 GMC Sierra ABS Brake light code question. I'm getting 6 short and one long flash, over and over. The brakes work, but I was told the code has something to do with the ABS and the number of flashes... Read more »

Front Defrential Problem 97 K1500 rating: 5

The passenger side bearing on the front deferential of my 97 K1500 seems to be going out. When I rotate the passenger side front tire (after freeing up the disk brake) I can hear a grumble and when ... Read more »

HELP - 1998 K1500 - Rear Differential Fluid Identification rating: 5

Looking for help identifying the fluid type in the 1998 K1500 rear differential. It is a 3.73 locking diff. Strangely enough, even though supplied with the VIN non of the dealerships are able to te... Read more »

98 Tahoe 4x4 problem rating: 5

Hi new to group, I have a 98 Tahoe that up until two days ago ran great! It has lots of Km's on it (250,000). This is the prob, I was running in Auto 4x4 (snow up here in Canada) everything just fine... Read more »

700R4 vs. TH400 rating: 5

I have a 700R4 which needs to be rebuilt. I have been told that the tv cable on that particular transmission should probably be installed by a pro. I have also been told that the cost of rebuildi... Read more » is a website by car enthusiasts for car enthusiasts. It is not affiliated with any of the car or spare part manufacturers or car dealers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.