Chevrolet 4x4 Trucks - Main Page

Chevrolet 4x4 Trucks - GM's off-road trucks. Mostly Chevrolet but other GM models are also discussed here. This forums is a Web, Mobile and Social Media interface to alt.autos.4x4.chevy-trucks.
There are 44975 articles in 8584 discussions. See the most recent and the best rated articles in Chevrolet 4x4 Trucks

The most recent discussions

200 silverado 1500 fuel pump

June 21, 2016, 8:31 pm

Hey all, I have a 2000 silverado 1500 z71 with 89k miles. I never run the truck und er 1/4 tank of fuel. I recently noticed the fuel pump has a considerable w hine that can be heard 30' from the... Read more »

2000 silverado helper springs

January 27, 2016, 7:50 pm

Hey all (if there's anyone here anymore). I have a 2000 silverado 1500 z71 and I wanted to put an add a leaf or some sort of helper springs so when I load with 1000+ lbs it doesn't sag and ban g ... Read more »

MERRY CHRISTMAS

December 20, 2015, 1:06 am

I want to wish everyone a Merry Christmas , or what ever holiday you celebrate at this time of year. Happy New year Too !!! Doug Read more »

Whats the Spark Plug Gap - 1995 K-2500 / 350 eng.

December 4, 2015, 12:57 am

Whats the Spark Plug Gap for a 1995 K-2500 truch with a 350 engine? If it matters, it has throttle body, is a 4x4 with a manual tranny. Read more »

Electric Air Pump Motor A.I.R. Smog 12555164 is taking up too much room

October 8, 2015, 8:50 pm

My year 2000 Chevy Tahoe has a Electric Air Pump Motor to help re-introduce hydrocarbons from the exhaust manifold to the air injection system, to reduce emissions. This is a good thing, and all ca... Read more »

2000 silverado tow question

August 11, 2015, 7:15 pm

Hi All, I have a 2000 silverado Z71 extended cab with 85k miles. I am going to tow a friend of mines toy hauler this weekend. It weighs roughly 4700lbs. I have towed more than this before but... Read more »

Does anyone offer a 6" suspension lift kit for a 1989 S-10 4WD Blazer?

August 11, 2015, 12:33 am

Looking for a 6 suspension lift for a 1989 S-10 4WD Blazer! Read more »

1989 chevy k5 TBI lopey idle one side seems to be a good spray of fuel, o

August 9, 2015, 12:23 pm

Chevy 1989 5.7 TBI lopey idle , one side seems to have a good spray of fuel while running and the lopey idle will clear up and idle normal. Read more »

specs for torque on a 4l60e transmission pan bolt for 1999 firebird

August 6, 2015, 12:38 am

Need torque specs on a 4160e transmisson pan bolt for 1999 firebird Read more »

94 chevy s-10 v6 4x4 trouble

July 15, 2015, 7:22 pm

well it was driving just fine bout an hour ago and all of a sudden it started acting like it wasnt grabing the gear and the rpm gauge went really high Read more »

Click here for other recent discussions »

The best rated discussions

unknown codes rating: 5

Hi anyone like to shed some light on what these codes are? U1026 Loss of Class 2 Communication with ATC U1041 Loss Of EBCM Communication. Truck is a '99 Silverado 4x4, 5.3l Codes were read with a Tec... Read more »

95 K1500 z-71 starter problem rating: 5

Just put a new battery on due to the AC/Delco battery positive side mount came out of the battery and now the starter won't engage.......I can hear the solenoid clicking when I try to crank but the... Read more »

6.5 diesel coolant loss rating: 5

My 6.5 needs coolant every week. Loses about a litre from the overflow every week. No leaks on the ground - no water in the oil. Where's it going? Into the cylinder? Read more »

number on ring gear? rating: 5

I found this number on the ring gear of an s-10 4x4. anyone know the meaning of this number gm14056111 9:37 I am hoping it some how translates into the gear ratio but don't know. Anyone kn... Read more »

99 Silverado A/C trouble rating: 5

I've never had my air conditioner serviced or fixed in all the years I've owned this truck! Finally a/c seems to be giving out. Will blow cold immediately after being switched on, but after an hour o... Read more »

Twin stick shifter for NP203? rating: 5

Age has definitely gotten the best of my factory shifter in my truck and I was wondering if anyone makes a twin stick shifter for a '79 GMC NP203? I've done some looking around and haven't been able ... Read more »

'92 GMC failing idle HC smog test in California rating: 5

My '92 GMC 1/2 Ton 4X4 (350) with 140K miles is failing the California idle smog test. The test allows 120 Maximum HC (PPM) and my truck tested 175. The oil was clean at the time of the test. The ... Read more »

Who`s blowing my horn??? rating: 5

I could sure use some help if anyone has had a simular problem like the one I`am having. At 3.00am my horn started blowing and would only stop if I opened the doors or disconnected the battery..The h... Read more »

Pickup + Snow: Need 4wd? rating: 5

All the cars I've ever owned, positraction would get me through almost anything and chains would get me through the other 1%. But when I lived in a warm climate, I had a '63 Chevy van and the tractio... Read more »

Rear Rotors for a 2003 GMC 2500HD 4x4 rating: 5

OK, I have a 2003 2500HD 4x4 regular cab pickup and I'm thinking about getting new rotors all the way around before winter. I have the 6.0L gas engine if that helps. The thing that's got me stumped ... Read more »