Chevrolet 4x4 Trucks - Main Page

Chevrolet 4x4 Trucks - GM's off-road trucks. Mostly Chevrolet but other GM models are also discussed here. This forums is a Web, Mobile and Social Media interface to alt.autos.4x4.chevy-trucks.
There are 44969 articles in 8583 discussions. See the most recent and the best rated articles in Chevrolet 4x4 Trucks

The most recent discussions

2000 silverado helper springs

January 27, 2016, 7:50 pm

Hey all (if there's anyone here anymore). I have a 2000 silverado 1500 z71 and I wanted to put an add a leaf or some sort of helper springs so when I load with 1000+ lbs it doesn't sag and ban g ... Read more »

MERRY CHRISTMAS

December 20, 2015, 1:06 am

I want to wish everyone a Merry Christmas , or what ever holiday you celebrate at this time of year. Happy New year Too !!! Doug Read more »

Whats the Spark Plug Gap - 1995 K-2500 / 350 eng.

December 4, 2015, 12:57 am

Whats the Spark Plug Gap for a 1995 K-2500 truch with a 350 engine? If it matters, it has throttle body, is a 4x4 with a manual tranny. Read more »

Electric Air Pump Motor A.I.R. Smog 12555164 is taking up too much room

October 8, 2015, 8:50 pm

My year 2000 Chevy Tahoe has a Electric Air Pump Motor to help re-introduce hydrocarbons from the exhaust manifold to the air injection system, to reduce emissions. This is a good thing, and all ca... Read more »

2000 silverado tow question

August 11, 2015, 7:15 pm

Hi All, I have a 2000 silverado Z71 extended cab with 85k miles. I am going to tow a friend of mines toy hauler this weekend. It weighs roughly 4700lbs. I have towed more than this before but... Read more »

Does anyone offer a 6" suspension lift kit for a 1989 S-10 4WD Blazer?

August 11, 2015, 12:33 am

Looking for a 6 suspension lift for a 1989 S-10 4WD Blazer! Read more »

1989 chevy k5 TBI lopey idle one side seems to be a good spray of fuel, o

August 9, 2015, 12:23 pm

Chevy 1989 5.7 TBI lopey idle , one side seems to have a good spray of fuel while running and the lopey idle will clear up and idle normal. Read more »

specs for torque on a 4l60e transmission pan bolt for 1999 firebird

August 6, 2015, 12:38 am

Need torque specs on a 4160e transmisson pan bolt for 1999 firebird Read more »

94 chevy s-10 v6 4x4 trouble

July 15, 2015, 7:22 pm

well it was driving just fine bout an hour ago and all of a sudden it started acting like it wasnt grabing the gear and the rpm gauge went really high Read more »

2000 Blazer LT overhead compass/outside temp won't turn on

July 4, 2015, 3:24 am

Problem started in very cold weather (I live in Minnesota) when automatic headlights wouldn't come on but would when turned on manually but the compass/temp always did work. Auto headlights work now... Read more »

Click here for other recent discussions »

The best rated discussions

Front Defrential Problem 97 K1500 rating: 5

The passenger side bearing on the front deferential of my 97 K1500 seems to be going out. When I rotate the passenger side front tire (after freeing up the disk brake) I can hear a grumble and when ... Read more »

1998 K1500 - Front End Clunking Noise rating: 5

I have a 1998 K1500 with about 150k miles on it. It is making a loud clunking noise when I turn to the right and will especially make a loud noise if the sttering wheel is truned to the right and ... Read more »

Thumping in front end in 4WD rating: 5

Well we have quite a bit of snow here in the Seattle area and I put the '85 K5 Blazer into 4WD of which it hasn't been in for a few months at least unless pulling out my 9000 lb boat out of the water... Read more »

91 GMC Sierra ABS Brake light code question rating: 5

91 GMC Sierra ABS Brake light code question. I'm getting 6 short and one long flash, over and over. The brakes work, but I was told the code has something to do with the ABS and the number of flashes... Read more »

Chevy S10 2000 - engine stalls to a very slow acceleration rate; oil pressu... rating: 5

My daughter's Chevy S10 truck (year 2000), after driving for a bit, apparently stalls to a very slow acceleration rate. The oil pressure drops very low at the same time. Then, for the rest of her d... Read more »

Injector noise rating: 5

95 GMC 1500 350ci tbi For the past month or two I have been trying to track down a tapping sound that seemed to get louder as my truck warmer. I have now discovered that it is coming from the inje... Read more »

1999 jimmy 4x4 not working rating: 5

Hi there,my front diff. on my Jimmy won't engage. The actuator is working. The cable from the actuator is connected. The light on the dash says it is working and the tansfer case is engaged. I can't ... Read more »

1985 S10 Blazer vacuum routing diagram needed rating: 5

2.8L--the sticker near the radiator is about 1/2 gone, wishing I hadda noticed this beforehand. Emissions code is UDD.......... Looking for the info online--anyone know of a website that might have t... Read more »

93 GMC Jimmy starter problems rating: 5

4.3l Vortec, 4Dr, 4WD 155K miles. two months ago, after driving for more than an hour or so and parking the vehicle, my starter motor wouldn't turn over, until after about 30 minutes of sitting. ... Read more »

Remove steering wheel - 2000 Blazer / Jimmy rating: 5

I need to replace the ignition switch on a 2000 Jimmy with a tilt wheel but I can't figure out how to remobe the steering wheel to gain access to the switch. Can anyone help me? Thanks Chuck Read more »