'00 Blazer trans slipping in reverse

Hi all, having a problem with my 2000 Blazer. Put it into reverse to park yesterday after driving about 20 miles and it just slipped, didn't even feel
like it tried to move. Took 3 quarts of fluid to bring up to full mark, put still slipping. Any ideas? Any help is apprieciated. Wayne
3 quarts low, must have some leaks, but if it still slips, sounds like it will have to come out, is the fluid burnt?

Pulled the pan. Fluid is like new, light red color, no burnt smell and the pan was clean. I picked up a trans from a local guy. Now all the fun of installing it...lol. Thanks for your input. Wayne

sounds like you burnt the clutches when low on fluid. bad! maybe a rebuild. olf john
Hello, wayne! You wrote on Wed, 27 Aug 2008 06:53:56 -0400:
wc> Hi all, having a problem with my 2000 Blazer. Put it into reverse to wc> park yesterday after driving about 20 miles and it just slipped, didn't wc> even feel like it tried to move. Took 3 quarts of fluid to bring up to wc> full mark, put still slipping. Any ideas? Any help is apprieciated. wc> Wayne
With best regards, snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net. E-mail: snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net