01 silverado 4 wheel drive problem

When I engage the 4 wheel drive on my 01 4x4 1500 Silverado the light blinks but it will not engage in hi or low range. How do you troubleshoot it. In the two wheel mode the light stays solid Thank for you help in advance

Reply to
Larry and a Cat named Dub

Shep

What does the message center text say? Text Window....

If the window says something about 4x4 drive.....

Then Prob could be 'cold solder joints' on the back of the

4x4 dash push buttons....?
Reply to
Dennis Mayer

Reply to
Larry and a Cat named Dub

Then the 4x4 problem may not be cold solder joints......

Reply to
Dennis Mayer

Silly thing maybe...but remember that you have to be in Neutral to go to

4L...otherwise it just blinks until you change gears, then engages. Auto 4x4 and 4 Hi are "on the fly" whatever gear you're in. Right?
Reply to
The Kents

Reply to
Larry and a Cat named Dub