01 silverado 4 wheel drive problem

When I engage the 4 wheel drive on my 01 4x4 1500 Silverado the light blinks but it will not engage in hi or low range. How do you troubleshoot it. In the two wheel mode the light stays solid
Thank for you help in advance
Needs to be scanned with a scanner capable of detecting transfer case codes.

-
Larry and a Cat named Dub wrote:

What does the message center text say? Text Window....
If the window says something about 4x4 drive.....
Then Prob could be 'cold solder joints' on the back of the
4x4 dash push buttons....?
The window says nothing

Larry and a Cat named Dub wrote:

Then the 4x4 problem may not be cold solder joints......

Silly thing maybe...but remember that you have to be in Neutral to go to 4L...otherwise it just blinks until you change gears, then engages. Auto 4x4 and 4 Hi are "on the fly" whatever gear you're in. Right?

Problem was a broken wire under the dash connecting to the four wheel drive module I gave up and took it in $275 dollars later If I would have needed module $600