02 Chev Express

I have an issue with my 02 Chev Express. It has the 4.3 V6 Vortec engine. Recently, when I start the thing in the morning, It starts and runs well, but when you put it in drive and take off, It acts almost
like its either mis-firing or flooding. Can hardley get it moving. After you drive it for awile, Shut it off, re-start it, It seems to run fine. Also, when crusing at higher speeds, almost like it dies and kicks then keeps going. I did notice that if you shove the throttle down hard, the Computer Light Flashes on and off something like 3 or 4 times. then stays on. Any idea why the light does this? Is it mis- firing one of its cylinders? If it is that, why would it work right after it warms up? This is the 2nd V6 Vortec in the van. The first one ate distributors. Are the V6 Vortecs just junk? Any help would be great and thanks