02 Express Air Bag Light

Hey Their
Just another question I take safety very serious in my vehicals. My 02 Chevy Express Air Bag light flashes when you start the vehical, as it should, then
stays on continuously. I have asked the dealer to check it and they worked at for some 3 hours only to say that they can not find any serious issue. I was told dont' worry about it. Should I be worried? Will the air bags still work properly with the light on? Why can no one in Nova Scotia, where I live, figure out what is wrong with these freakin issues. Their, I feel better now :) Just frustrating as their dosnt seem to be anyone who knows anything where i live about the newer vehicals Thanks