02 T-Blazer T-case switch module

Hey gents,

Wife's '02 Trailblazer LT 4200 shifted into 4-hi by itself the other day. I know that the full-size trucks were experiencing this (I think it was bad solder joints), but hadn't heard anything with the Trailblazers. Any TSB's out there?

Reply to
THOMAS MOYER

Most likely, you have a software issue that can be updated. You might want to have it checked and see if there are any updates available for the ATC module. There are 3 tsbs that can related to the 4x4...one for crow hopping when in auto 4hi, this addressed with software updates and a new encoder motor sensor, another for 4wd lamps inoperative, or weird shifting things happening, again software updates for this, and the last is for a dash switch problem, which now that I look at it, may be your problem, it says that the shift ranges can indicate that you are in another range when you are not. Fix is to replace the dash switch if you find the B2725 code. I think that you should definitely take it in, get it scanned for that code, and then have any software updates applied.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai

Ian,

Thanks. If I can pry my wife's hands off the steering wheel, I'll get it checked out.

Reply to
Dirty White Boy

Also, do you have any idea on the dates of the software upgrades? When we took it in 6 months ago, all the updates were done when they changed the clutch fan. One of the updates did take care of the stalling problem it had at idle after it was warmed up. I just love the modern age:-)

Reply to
Dirty White Boy

Also, this is the same guy who originally posted... I had to install XP and forgot to change my newsgroup settings... Here comes the Spam, damn!!

Reply to
Dirty White Boy

The fact that you had it in the shop and some updates were done doesn't always mean that they updated the ATC module. Each module has to be updated individually, and I know that in our dealership, we do not just do "all" the updates as a routine thing. If it has the stalling problem, it would most likely get an update for the ECM/PCM module. Unless you were complaining about any problems with the Auto Transfer Case, I would doubt that any update was done to the ATC module.

I had an Avalanche in the other day, ATC problems, and dash gauges would intermittently not work. Both problems were addressed by software updates, each update had to be done individually...in other words, I have to request info from the vehicle, take the scan tool to the computer, check and see what (if any) updates are available for the ATC module, and the IPC module. Then I picked one, downloaded "that" piece of software, and go back to the vehicle to reflash "that" module. Then repeat the whole process again for the other module. I'll be glad when GM figures out how to simply update all the modules at once. Because I'm paid only for what the complaint lines are, I don't spend any time looking through all the other modules to see what updates might be available. GM is not really interested in us doing that sort of thing. Just fix what ails it, sir...and that's it.

If you are paying for the updates yourself....then I'd be tempted to ask the tech to go through and check each module, but just remember that this process is time consuming...especially if you reflash more then one module. GM pays 24 minutes to reflash a module.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai

Roger that.. Thanks.