02 Trailblazer 4WD

Wife's trailblazer selector switch is dead. No lights, no changing to 4WD. I noticed this a couple of days ago when we were actually in the truck at the same time. About 6 months ago, we had the transfer case module replaced
because it would intermittantly change the lights indicating what mode it was in, but not actually change the transfer case. Right now it is in 2HI and will not change, which is better than 4LO I guess. I have checked the fuse under the hood and the fuse under the rear seat and both are good. Any other things I might look at?
The dash switches were problematic on that year TB, had 2 in mine.

-
Thanks, Shep... I'll post again and let everyone know how it turned out.

My 4X4 service light came on and I had the dealer plug my Trailblazer and it came out that my switch Went bad too so I asked the service tech was that a common problem and he told me he did change a few lately so I bought a new switch changed it and never had a problem since knock on wood

Since the Trailblazer uses the databus (or something like it - can't remember the term exactly,) Does anyone know if you can use a DMM to check, or does it have to be plugged in?

"plugged in" meaning to the dealer diagnostic tool...

yes the dealer Diagnose with there diagnostic tool.

I believe it depends on the transfer case you have. The Auto 4X4 one needs a scanner but the manual box can be jumpered. Pin 13 on the ALDL to ground and watch the lights on the switches to read the codes. The S blazers are that way and I think the TB uses the same box.
--
Steve

> > "Dirty White Boy" < snipped-for-privacy@nowhere.nata> wrote in message
It could be the module again. My friend had problems with that and warranty covered it twice.
not sure, but maybe
Thanks, snay... You would figure they could have corrected the flaw by now... I'll post again and let everyone know how it turned out.

. . <inline> . .

================You could try pulling the fuse to power down the module for about 5 minutes. Sometimes you get lucky.
~:~ MarshMonster ~:~
wrote in message

wrote in message

. . <<inline>>

the module will power down by then and clear memory.
~:~ MarshMonster ~:~