'02 Yukon bumps on turns

We have a 2002 Yukon with 38k on the odometer, just out of warranty. When it is turned either way there is a bump in the rear suspension. It is on the driver's side and somewhere near the axle. It is loud enough to hear over the radio but not much louder than that. I have been on the creeper twice and can't find anything loose to my shaking and beating.

Any ideas?

Thanks, Karl

Reply to
Karl Eltzroth

Had a problem on my Blazer -- the problem was very rare at first, then louder as time went on to the point that it was almost all the time. It turned out that it was my Torsion Bar Crossmember Mounts had rotted out and the crossmemeber was hitting down on the frame.

I would check all your bump stops and mounts for wear -- or for seperation of the rubber from the metal.

-Joe

Reply to
Joe Webster

The same thing was done to my 2002 Silverado.

JP

Reply to
Parker