'03 Chevrolet Suburban a/c system

I take it there is still a LPS -low psi switch- in the circuit to drop out the comp when you've lost too much refrigerant? If so, anyone know where about it is? and the entry points for your gauges? I haven't looked at it yet.

Thanxxx J

Reply to
Ja ate1

FWIW at idle my 01 Tahoe starts blowing warm air (especially in our recent Texas 110* temps), there is a tsb on it to add electric fans in front of the ac radiator/condenser or whatever it's called.

Reply to
Markeau

FWIW, they finally released a redesigned low pressure switch. At least it's a different part #. We've been seeing a lot of these too, especially on the Envoys.

-- Old Crow '82 FLTC 92" Shovelhead 'Pearl' '95 Jeep YJ TOMKAT, SENS, BS#133, DOF#51, MAMBM ASE Certified Master Auto Tech + L1

Reply to
Old Crow

GM installed the wrong LP switches on a lot of 2003 Tahoes and the like. To get the correct switch, the (finally a good one) dealer went to a different division (Technical something) and got the correct switch....They (GM Technical....) indicated it was a special order/request and had to come from them as it wasnt available or released through normal avenues yet....Anyway it works. I have not had anymore problems with the A/C. Before this I could not count on the AC to work and if it did, not for long periods of time.... I was very pissed and went to many dealers to solve the problem. None of them really cared or wanted to help....until I met the last one. It takes a resourseful technical service person to want to help and they can. Don't let them bullshit you.

Randy....

Reply to
Randall R. Davis