03 silverado cdplayer problem

I own a 03 silverado crew cab and for the past year when u put a cd in and let it play for about 2 songs it gets really hot, sometimes it takes awhile for it to happen sometimes it happens really fast, but the player will just stop playing and when u press eject it takes it a few seconds then when the cd comes out its so hot u can barely touch it and once it does that u can only play up to 2 minutes of a song till it does it again, any ideas as to what this problem is???

Reply to
Ghaleon

Greetings,

I'm no expert but I think you answered your own question. It sounds like you're going to be replacing your unit soon. If your truck is out of warranty then it's going to be tough to get GM to pony up for a new player (and stock units are pretty expensive), so I suggest that you look at Crutchfield.com and buy a unit that you like that fits your truck. They even have installation kits and custom harnesses so you can use your factory connectors.

The other suggestion is to purchase a GM unit from eBay for your truck as there are lots of folks who sell theirs when they replace them with an aftermarket one. Just be sure that the one you get is unlocked or you are provided with the unlock code from the seller.

Cheers - Jonathan

Reply to
Jonathan

You can't get an unlock code on an 03 and newer, these read the VIN from the data bus so it will need dealer programmed.

Reply to
Eugene Nine

I have a 2000. The CD is always hot when I take it out. Still works though.

Reply to
Bill

Different radio though. 2003 was the first year for the new style in the trucks.

Reply to
Eugene Nine