03 TrailBlazer

I have a new TrailBlazer and am disappointed with it's poor engine drivability. Power/acceleration under 3000 rpm is noticably irregular. Flat spots and
surges. Upshifts usually return rpms to 2K, right in the middle of a flat spot. I'd hate to be pulling a trailer with this truck.
I'm curious if this is normal for the 4.2 I-6
Spike

drivability.
spot.
Spike,
The 4.2 is a ballsy sonofabitch. Somethin's wrong with it; take it to the dealer while it's under warranty.
Doc
I believe there is a update that can be made to the powertrain control module using a tech 2, and tis2000 at your local dealership, this is a known condition and i do believe that gm has a bulletin out on this specific concern Tom Berry(G.M Tech)

drivability.
spot.