'04 Avalanche Speedometer Update

News on my off warranty ( 41,000 miles) malfunctioning speedo (in the truck, that is..)...called the local GMC dealer service manager and went throught
the symptoms....freezes in position, starts being "jerky" then drops to zero, etc. Was told it's a widely known issue for all full size GM trucks, 2001 to 2006 and that GM would cover 75% of the cluster replacement cost off warranty. And replace the whole cluster, apparently, is the GM fix. So my advice to any of you that have noticed even the slightest twitchiness in your speedometer is get it on record with the dealer service dept before it goes off warranty at a minimum. Hoping for a recall down the road so whatever my cost is I can recoup it at that point....cluster replacement is $1500+ Cdn at the dealer.
Augustus wrote:

A widely known issue that nothing has been done about by GM in 5 years time then apparently?