04’ Trailblazer Auto Door Locks

Every once in awhile my doors will lock automatically a few seconds after closing the door...the engine is off and the keys are not in the ignition. the car is also in park. The dealer thinks I am nuts because I can never re-create the problem...HELP please!

Reply to
runcparun

Greetings,

I have an '04 Silverado so my presumption is that our power locks are similar in function. That being said, what you are experiencing is perfectly normal. Allow me to explain...

When you shut off your truck and get out WITH ANY DOOR LEFT OPEN and you press the power lock button ONCE (or the lock button on the remote ONCE), the door chime will ring three times. What happens then is your doors do not lock right away, but after the last door is closed the locks will lock after a 5 second delay. This is to give you a "last chance" to open a door within that 5 seconds just in case you forgot something inside the truck. If you open a door prior to the 5 seconds, it will delay again and wait another 5 seconds after the last door is closed before the locks lock.

When you shut off your truck and get out WITH ANY DOOR LEFT OPEN, if you press the power lock button TWICE or the lock button on the remote TWICE, then the door locks will lock right away regardless if there is a door still open.

Now comes the tricky part - if you have ALL THE DOORS CLOSED and you press either the power lock button ONCE or the lock button on the remote ONCE, then the door locks will lock right away. This is the difference - either all doors are closed or one door is still open. If you press the remote button a second time, the horn will beep once to let you know that the truck is locked.

And if that weren't enough, if you tried to lock the doors with the remote with the key still in the ignition and the truck off, the driver's door will automatically unlock. This prevents you from accidently locking your keys in the truck.

If you want to recreate what is happening to you then shut off the truck, get out, leave the door open, press either lock or remote button ONCE, shut the door, then count to 5. At the count of 5 your doors will lock. You are not nuts, but you should read your owner's manual!

Here's the abbreviated version:

Any Door Open - First Press = 5 sec. Delay after last door closed; Second Press = Locks immediately All Doors Closed - First Press = Locks Immediately; Second Press = Horn Beeps Once

Cheers -Jonathan

Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: >

Jonathan

I have a 04 Trailblazer that does the same thing and I can't figure it out.

Mine will do it with the keys in it and it will only lock the drivers side door.

But it won't do it all the time.

Reply to
Tooled