07 silverado vs 07 sierra

I am looking at buying a new truck . and am wondering if anyone has heard anything good or bad about either one of these trucks. also which should a person buy. Thanks todd

Reply to
Todd

Basically same truck...different body styling and options....I am leaning towards the GMC myself but have not made a commitment. Both trucks have the

4sp auto tranny...next year is supposed to be a 6 sp. YMMV
Reply to
MikeG

The old joke is that the GMC's have lockwashers on the bolts....they are identical vehicles. The differences are purely cosmetic. Although I always purchase GM vehicles, I never buy the first year of introduction for a major model redesign. And this is a major redesign for '07. There's usually some teething issues.

Reply to
Augustus

THere was a time when they did come off of seperate lines but GM combined them in 70's. It happened around the 73 body style switch. I had a 72 GMC that I got when it was less than 2 years old and it had a different version 350 than a Chevy truck and a different rear axle and a few other options not possible on a chevy at time. I agree that the new model year fo a design change is not the time to buy and the same with new 6 speed due out in 08 which will without have some issues for a while and not to mention it has no 1 to 1 drive range in it. It is either underdrive or over drive and could turn out to be a can of worms over time. Even 6 sp ally has a 1 to 1 drive range.

----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Reply to
SnoMan

Good advise. My sister works on the end of line test at the GM Truck Pontiac East plant. She's been there since 1977 & says that this truck has been the biggest headache by far for it's assembly issues. This takes into consideration S-10's, full size vans, medium duty trucks & the full size trucks she's worked on.

Reply to
syoung

I agree....Basically same truck.

I also agree with waiting on the new version. I bought the new Silverado in '99 and had alot of problems that were gone when I purchased my '03. Was due for a new '07, but plan on waiting for the '08 because 1) its a year into the new design and 2) "Displacement On Demand" will be in the '08.......maybe a good thing???? My '03 has 42,000 on it and will keep it under 50 before trade-in or I sell it out-right.

Reply to
Jeff Olive

On Mon, 22 Jan 2007 16:59:05 -0700, Todd wrote: Thanks this has been a lot of help. Think I might wait a while be fore buying. Todd

Reply to
Todd

Reply to
MikeG

I am still looking I just really like the look of them. And the inovations that have gone into this truck seem like they are actually trying to step up to the competion out there. But I have see what there teething issue can be like my sister had a fiero the first year they came out. Todd

Reply to
Todd

Not to be a wise guy....but do you think her problems would have been any less if she had a fiero from the last year they came out?

skimmer

Reply to
News Skimmer

Actually, yes! I worked on Fiero's from the time that they came out to long after they were no longer made. The 1988 model was definitely superior to the 84 model. Quite a bit different under the skin too.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai

Well I went for it anyway. I bought the all new sierra extended cab yesterday. I really thought about what everone said about waiting, but I went for it anyway. thank you very much for your input everyone. I will keep you informed if I have any problems. Thanks Todd

Reply to
Todd

Have always had Silverado's. Just bought a 2007 LTZ, Crewcab 4x4. Really like it. Didn't realize their was going to be such a dramatic change in style. Need the 4x4 like I need a hole in the head Always wanted one, going to retire in 1 year after 40 years of teaching high school World History and coaching football. Whats that saying, wise enough to know better, old enough to care less:-)

Mark

Reply to
LionsDen