10 foot tall Blazer?

LOL... that's what this dude is claiming. With 38" tires no less.

I'm 6'3" and my roof is a little higher than my eyeballs. Hmm...this dude must have 48" of lift!

~jp

Reply to
Jon Pickens

my '78 with 6" lift and 35's was about 7'5" so there is definitely something wrong with that picture. And 11 shocks??? Can you say rides like a lumber cart?

Derek

Reply to
genius

Maybe he's using his bedroom ruler for the measurments. Don't look much taller than a 12" lift, that would make it maybe 8' or so.

Reply to
mudmonkey

I think it may be a total of 10' tall if you include the height with the lightbar, or maybe even the radio antenna!

Cheers - Jonathan

Reply to
Jonathan

My 79 Shorty (no pun intended) 1/2 ton 4X4 has 32s with no lift and it's way over 7 feet high. I'm 5'7" and i can just touch the top of the cab above the gutter without standing on my toes, so it's got to be around 7 feet tall. If this guy has 38" skins add 12" that could be close to 8 feet tall. Then figure he's got to have at least 6 inches of suspention lift or those tires would never fit so in order to claim he is sitting at 10 feet tall he would have to have a lot of body lift. its my guess that he has a 6" body lift. so that should get him close to the 9 foot mark. No doubt in my mind that it's a big truck. but i doubt that it's 10 feet tall. look at the rockers. it looks like it's quite a climb to get in it.

Reply to
dirtdude

Really?? 32's and no lift...over 7 feet tall?

Are stock '79 shortbeds that much taller than a stock '86 Blazer?

~jp

Reply to
Jon Pickens

my 86 k5 can get 35x12.50x15 under her w/ out rubin ont the road noe off road is a different story lol

Reply to
DoubleXL
6" body lift? Is he smoking crack?

If so, RUN away from this truck.

Just painted two years ago and already rusting out, hmmm? I'm thinking the rest of the truck probably has an equal quality of work.

How do you add 12" just by going to a 6" taller tire? Way I see it, that'll add only 3", nominal, before the lift. If there's fender clearance, a 4" lift would make the 38s fit. 3" body lift at MOST for safety-- and even that is iffy. So we're talking about just shy of a foot over the height of your Shorty-- and still WAY short of 10'.

Best guess is he's counting the 108" CB whip into the figuring.

Reply to
burntkat

if your tires don't rub on the road, how do they work? :D

Reply to
burntkat

Yeah, the only thing I've seen close to 10 feet tall is something I saw in a magazine. The owner had 60+" tractor tires that were literally as tall as the truck's body from the bottom of the door sill to the roof.

This truck ain't that...

I did also notice the comment about 2 year old paint and rust in the same vehicle. I forgot to mention it, but found it equally appalling.

~jp

Reply to
Jon Pickens