Latest threads in Chevrolet 4x4 Trucksshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

02/04 Diesel Glow Plugs RECALL REBATE
Hey guys ... right bout now there are a LOT of 6.6L diesel V8 engines in the 20-04 Silverado and GMC Sierra trucks will have Malfunction Indicator Light (MIL) illumination come up on the dash board...

Help with 1996 Silverado rough running intermittent starting.
I currently have no code. However I took data on my scanner twice. The truck sputtered and ran a little rough as soon as I left the driveway. It seem though the further I went it started to get...
1
1

Is Onstar following me?
My subscription has ran out, heard on the news that OnStar is still monitoring your vehicle. SO... anybody know a way to power off the Onstar system with a switch or something. Don't want to trash it...
5
5

Interior Light
Does this bulb have some sort of dual wiring that can be turned on from different sources? I have a 2000 silverado Z71 ext cab 1500 with 80k and the interior light does not come on when I open either...
2
2

runs rough when wet
2000 Chevy 3/4 4x4 . Runs rough after a heavy rain. Obviously something wet so my first thought is cracked distributor cap. So put new cap, rotor, plugs and wires. Runs good but same problem, rough...
3
3

"Side Airbags w/Rollover Protection"/"Hardened Steel"?
Shopping for a pickup to replace my 'burb. Chevy doesn't make a full crew cab/6.5' bed in the 1500 and the 2500 is overkill for the application. Before I buy an F150, I'm trying to rationalize the...
1
1

Do wheels off a 2000 /1500 fit my 97 / 1500
I found a set for sale at a good price and I think they would fit but I'm not sure so if somebody would let me know . Thanks Tom

1997 Jimmy 101K won't start.
1997 Jimmy 101K won't start. Lengthy history provided, hopefully spare the back and forth Q&A. but you can skip to my questions at the end. HISTORY. came in for loss of power. Test drove, seemed "not...

AdaRac + Rolltop or Folding Bed Cover?
I called AdaRac hoping for a list of compatible bed covers, but no-go. Is anybody successfully using AdaRac racks ( with a rolltop or solid folding bedcover? Seems like AdaRack's rail assemblies would...

Pickup: 1500 vs 2500 Tradeoffs?
I've been shopping for a 1500. Looks like I *might* wind up with a 2500. Price aside, can anybody enumerate the tradeoffs? How bad is the harder ride with no load?
4
4

6.5' Bed: 2500/3500 Only?
Somebody is telling me that the 6.5' bed is not available in 1500's. True?
1
1

PING Steve W. Under hood connector
1997 GMC Yukon SLT 4dr 4X4 Had both heads replaced recently and it runs great, but there is a unplugged connector on top of the engine that I never noticed before. It breaks out of the harness just to...
2
2

Pickup Truck Bed Covers: Tradeoffs? Favorites?
I'm about to replace my 'burb with a pickup truck (6.5' bed). Seems to me like some sort of bed cover is a no-brainer - if only for the extra MPG. But what kind? - Soft? - Plastic panels - Rollup? -...
1
1

99 Chev Silverado repair / service manual
Does anyone know where I can access a fee PDF copy of a service manual for a '99 Chev Silerado 2x4?

Oil Pan 5.7L Tahoe 2dr 4x4
Does anyone know if the oil pan will drop right out with-out dropping the Front diff? I seem to have a worn rear main seal and need to drop the pan. Thanks,,,,