Latest threads in Chevrolet 4x4 Trucksshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

headlights work, running lights don't
Hey guys, hopefully someone has seen this problem before. I've got a 1996 Yukon, and although the headlights work, the turn signals work, brake lights work, 4-ways work... the running lights and dash...
2
2

'98 Jimmy 4x4 Question
'98 Jimmy, 4.3, 61K miles, auto trans. Tonite when shifting into 4-hi, the truck sort of "slid into gear" when I stepped on the gas. After that, the truck didn't want to shift out of 1st. Same with...
2
2

88 chevy c1500 dies when I put it in gear
checked the fuel pump and put in a new fuel filter. now it will start but it stays in a faster idle even after it has warmed up and been running for 20 minuites. when i give it a lot of gas or put it...

1988 ss350 steepside 4 sale n.j
$3800.00 see

changing headlights
ok is there an easier way of changing the headlighta on the 99 chevy venture besides taking the whole headlamp thing off??

good gas additive???
My old 85 S10 Blazer needs to pass a New York State emissions test next week and I was wondering if there is any good gas additive which would help it pass..... any suggestions would be...
10
10

Thanx all to have been emailing/helping
Thanx to all of you ,( including Snoman who has went out of his way to help time after time), who have taken the time to help me with my first FI project.. I have learned more from all of you here...

’95 Stumbles and Misses
Hello, 89,000 miles, 4.3 Vortec My Silverado has been stalling and missing over the past few weeks. I have put new plugs/wires (twice, the plugs were burnt up both times), distributor/rotor (just a...
5
5

chevy S10 dies when putting it in Drive.
I have a 94 S10 Blazer that dies when you put it in drive or at idle when giving it gas. Most of the time it idles ok until you press on the gas it bogs down and dies or wants to die. When you let go...
2
2

What is the best online truck parts site you've found?
Someone posted a really awesome parts site here once and I saved it, but my computer crapped and I lost it and can't remember the name of it. Could someone please repost it? Thanks.
2
2

Serpentine belt tensioner question (95 4.3L W)
I am curious as to whether or not there's an easy way to tell if my serpentine belt tensioner is in decent shape?? It seems like the spring is gone as it's very hard to move. Are these adjustable? How...
2
2

Anyone have a vin code I can use for the snap on code scanner
It is asking me for the 10th digit and so on. but this truck is an 81 .. it now has 1987 TBI motor in it thanx..
1
1

RE engine start long crank problem
Well guys it is the weirdest thing. I replaced all the lines , filter, and pump/tank ALL NEW !! you can barely hear the pump with 1/4 gas in it. The truck has never started in -10 below weather WELL...
6
6

1984 2.8L V6 questions
hey everyone, I have a 1984 Chevy S-10, 4-wheel drive, 2.8L V6 - before I got it, I think someone that did know what they were doing got ahold of it - and changed some things that are causing problems...

Budget 383 stroker?
Hi everyone. I'm trying to build a budget 383. It's for my 4x4, so don't need oodles of top-end horsepower. Just lots of low-end grunt I'll probably go with a compression ratio around 9:1 or so. But I...
9
9