Latest threads in Chevrolet 4x4 Trucksshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

diesel power programmers
do you have one ? what is it on ? what do you like abought it ? any dislikes ?

Thinking of buying
I was hoping to get some input from all of you on a potential GMC purchase. I'm looking at a 2004 Sonoma, V-6, 4x4, crew cab with 67K miles. Everything seems great on the truck but just wanted your...

GMC Sierra torsion bars
I've got a 2000 GMC sierra 1/2 ton with a 6" lift on it. I am noticing some knocking noises when making slow tight turns. I got the truck up in the air and noticed the torsion bars are not tight in...
4
4

Tricks for changing these sensors?? ECT and oil press sender W series 4.3
It would seem that there must be a trick or an easy way to replace both the engine coolant temp sensor and the oil pressure sender on my 95 Jimmy. My handy Haynes tell me to remove the bolts and take...
4
4

CFMI?? fuel pressure 'holding' question
I tested the fuel pressure at the rail/schrader test port on my 95 Jimmy (W series 4.3) and it was at 60psi with the key on engine off. I assume with 60lbs from the primed pump that there should be no...
1
1

1999 Tahoe EGR Value
Can anybody tell me what an EGR Value does when it gets stopped up??? My service engine light comes on when it is under load?? Thanks

350 engine .080 overbore
Hi all! I bought an engine last week at a race auction. It is a shortblock 350 chevy, with flattop .080 sealed power pistons. This is freshly put together, so the piston tops are new, I can see the...
11
11

4x4 engage problem
Can't get the front to lock in to 4wd ... the transfer case goes through all the gears but front wheels don't do squat. Is there a test I can do to see if the locking hiubs are broke etc.. thanx
12
12

2006 Chevy 5.3 Cooling System
Hey Guys, I have a question about a noise that I here coming from my 2006 Chevy Silverado 5.3 liter. When sitting at a light or in park idling I occasionally here a sort of bump. bump noise coming...
5
5

95 4.3 vortec (Jimmy) ignition switch question on fuel delivery
Sorry if this is a stupid question but if there's a bad ignition switch in my Jimmy, is it possible that the engine will crank but fuel delivery will be sporadic or cut off? I'm starting to suspect...
13
13

is there any parts in a TBI distributor that can go ?
350 tbi distributor. I replaced the ESC module but am getting advice it could be the magnets ???? I changed my fule filter and fuel prs is good. But the damn thing rolls over 10 times or so before I...

Trying to track down leak in '97 Blazer LS
Hello, It figures that something like this would wait for the cold weather to arrive. I just noticed a leak on the driver's side of the vehicle near the left side of the transmission. At first, I...
15
15

rough idling in cold weather 2001gmc sierra 1500
hi i have a 2001 gmc 1500 sierra 4 wheel drive in cold weather when i start the truck in the morning the engine races very high then it idles very rough and shuts off it will start fine again but...
5
5

350 tbi rolls over to much before starting
as above. 1990 tbi 350 it rolls over 8-12 times before starting and is a bitch in the cold... it will flood before it will start.. I changed the oil, plugs (gapped @ 35) but it seems like no spark for...
10
10

'96 K-3500 Instrument Cluster
Hello all, My trip odometer quit turning while I drive. If I reset it, it might go as high as 0.9 miles and then stops there. The regular odometer is still working fine. I'm assuming that trip...