Latest threads in Chevrolet 4x4 Trucksshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

96 chevy silverado water pump replacement
I am attempting to replace this. Do I have to remove the alternator or power steering/air conditioner pump brakets or can I just take the 4 water pump bolts out and remove? Is this an easy repair?
2
2

Ooops, Loose front wheel bearing
The wheel with the 1/8 in play is on a 2002 4x4 2500 chevy truck. I think it has straight roller bearings. conrad
2
2

Loose front wheel bearings
Jacked up I noticed 1/8 in play in front wheel. Do I dare driving it 600 miles before fixing? conrad
3
3

2001 Jimmy oil lines
It seems as if I have developed the dreaded oil line leak common to these trucks. It has 54,000 miles on it. I live in Queens NY and was wondering how much I should be paying to have this job done....
23
23

93 S-10 4x4 4.3 W auto trans.
The trans.takes a second or two to engage...when put in foward or reverse...I put in fluid to level...looks like someone may have had the trans. pan off...because theres a lot of red sealer around the...
2
2

Front differential low, safe to drive in 2wd?
93 chevy blazer k1500(4x4) IFS had new gears put in my truck and the breather tube was broken off the front differential. Didn't notice till I got home and saw gear oil splattered across and under...
3
3

98 silverado 350 skipping
I have 98 silverado that skips when you give it a little gas..Run great under full power. New tune up last summer
1
1

Touchy Brakes on 1992 GMC Sonoma
My brakes are very touchy and lock the wheels when cold or wet or even when it is dry (worst when cold or wet). It does not seem to pull either direction, but throw you through the windshield. I was...
1
1

California state-licensed brake and light inspection stations
Where can I get places in Sacramento for a California state-licensed brake and light inspection stations? What it is about the price of this test? Thank you Reogomez

93 Chevy 4x4
I get a chugging and surging when ever my rpms fall below 1200 or so. This is mostly in 3rd gear (I have a 5 speed). It acts like the clutch was engaged to soon and you get a learching forward and...
1
1

Lift Kits for 95 4X4
We just got a 95 Chev 4 X 4 and woud like some info on lift kits. The body lifts seem hokey and the suspension kits expensive. Has anybody had any experiences, good or bad, with any lift kits? We were...

1995 K2500 idle
We have a 1995 Chevy K2500 that my daughter has been driving. Yesterday it began have an idle problem. It started fine and idled OK, but when she put it into gear, it idled roughly and died. I looked...
2
2

Temperature sending unit
I have a 1991 S10 Blazer and the temp gauge does'nt work.I cannot find a sensor at a parts store or dealer that has the right connection for the unit .The unit that they say is the unit will no way...
4
4

TBI question...
Do the injectors on the throttle body fire simultaneously as one unit or separately? Seems like an awful lot of work for each to fire 4 times for each rotation of the crank. ~jp
6
6

Side Post Battery Connector Fell Off?
I'm not too familiar with side-post batteries...so anyway, here's my issue. I have a Chevy Blazer (1998) and when I went out today to start it, I got the quick tap-tap-tap noise that told me something...
7
7