$12 Spark Plugs?

So, I take my '01 Blazer (4.3 L, automatic, air) to my local mechanic (who I do trust, incidentally) to get an estimate on some work... part of which would be changing out the 6 spark plugs. Now, I'm thinking
that the parts for this particular job... 6 OEM AC's are gonna run me about $2 each. Imagine my surprize when I'm told that they will run more closer to $12 each!! Both my mechanic and the parts house he's getting them from recommend this plug for this application. Now, I've heard of Mercedes-Benz' that require a $12 plug... but a lowly Chevy 4.3 litre? What's you guys' opinion? Am I getting hosed?
Thanks!
Hosed.
Get some NGk's. I never used them before and been happy with them for the last year. Plus they're $2 .. <http://store.summitracing.com/egnsearch.asp?Ns=P_SRE_DisplayPrice%7C0&Np0+400395+115&Ntt=&Ntk=&rsview=sku&RC >
Cheers

Phil McCracken wrote:

01 takes a platinum plug. 6-8 bucks each for OEM spec'd plugs. 12 bucks is a bit high but not really out of line if they are the better ones.
--
Steve W.

Double platinum plug, that's the price for having plugs last as long as they do. I don't miss the yearly tune up route at all of yesteryear. My Mustang takes a even more expensive plug, $15 a pop list price.

On Sat, 02 May 2009 09:38:50 -0500, Phil McCracken

why not just call the local parts store... NAPA or whomever else to see what the prices are. The platinum plugs are expensive.... ----------- Elbert snipped-for-privacy@me.com