$12 Spark Plugs?

So, I take my '01 Blazer (4.3 L, automatic, air) to my local mechanic (who I do trust, incidentally) to get an estimate on some work... part of which would be changing out the 6 spark plugs. Now, I'm thinking that the parts for this particular job... 6 OEM AC's are gonna run me about $2 each. Imagine my surprize when I'm told that they will run more closer to $12 each!! Both my mechanic and the parts house he's getting them from recommend this plug for this application. Now, I've heard of Mercedes-Benz' that require a $12 plug... but a lowly Chevy

4.3 litre? What's you guys' opinion? Am I getting hosed?

Thanks!

Reply to
Phil McCracken

Hosed.

Get some NGk's. I never used them before and been happy with them for the last year. Plus they're $2 ..

Cheers

Reply to
Martin Riddle

01 takes a platinum plug. 6-8 bucks each for OEM spec'd plugs. 12 bucks is a bit high but not really out of line if they are the better ones.
Reply to
Steve W.

Double platinum plug, that's the price for having plugs last as long as they do. I don't miss the yearly tune up route at all of yesteryear. My Mustang takes a even more expensive plug, $15 a pop list price.

Reply to
Repairman

why not just call the local parts store... NAPA or whomever else to see what the prices are. The platinum plugs are expensive....

----------- Elbert snipped-for-privacy@me.com

Reply to
Elbert