Latest threads in Chevrolet 4x4 Trucksshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Turn signals stopped working
Hey guys, I went away for a month and when I came back I started my 1997 S10 and the turn signals don't work. The green signals on the dash don't turn on and as well as the blinker bulbs outside. I...
1
1

Repair Manuals - Which is better?
Any recommendations or advice which is better: Chilton vs. Haynes? I'm not very mechanical but am looking to learn more about basic maintenance/repairs and would like to know what might be better...
10
10

81 305 - smoking
I have a well used 81 Blazer w/ a 305 motor. The engine smokes quite a bit, and the smoke doesn't change based on temperature of the motor, or load. The smell isn't that bad, but it 'burns' your eyes...
4
4

Engine Surge
Idle is only sligtly rough, but Engine surges when throttle is opened slightly. This happens when driving slow and steady with engine warm. I can duplicate with air cleaner off and hand open throttle....
3
3

Actuator Cable
I am in need of a replacement cable that goes from the actuator (under the battery) to the front diff. This is for my 94 S10 Blazer 4x4 (electronic). Should my local parts store carry this part? I...
1
1

1999 Blazer 4x4 Problem
I have a Blazer that refuses to shift into 4x4 when it is cold outside. During the summer, it shifts perfectly fine. Because of this fact, I'm thinking it is the shift motor. I would love to pull the...
5
5

neutral safety switch?
Hi guys I have a 88 astro van that wont start without me wiggleing the shift lever . Anyone know where the switch is ? thanks Randy
2
2

TCCM for 99 jimmy
Anyone know were I can find a Transfer case control module for a 99 Jimmy it has the NP8 transfer case with 4 button dash switch. I've tried parts searches and local parts shops with no luck, I found...
4
4

Help with my Dad's truck
My Dad's pickup 1990, 1/2 ton- has a grand total of 33,000 miles on it. It just developed a engine issue. The engine will not idle- and it does not have any power when accelerating. I have ruled out...
3
3

New 350 crate engine,bogs,low power
Hey guys, Well, I finished up my project truck last week and I havent got out all the bugs yet. Its a 1989 GMC Ext cab 4x4.I dropped in a new GM crate engine(350/290hp)and converted it from TBI to...
6
6

98 Blazer Idle issue's
This Blazer I have is nothing but problems lately. It has a wierd lope at idel which I think may be a bad or sticky poppet. The tranny is toast also I need a complete rebuilt or will put a rebuilt on...

94 S10 Blazer 4x4 transmission vacuum lines
I recently purchased a 94 S10 Blazer 4x4. While performing various maintinance/service, I noticed the 3 vacuum lines, that go to the vacuum switch on top of the transmittion/transfer case, were rotten...
4
4

Electric choke question
I have an '81 Chevy with a 4 barrel carb, and an electric choke. I had the carb rebuilt last summer, and it has been working great up until about a month ago. Cold starts, as in, first start of the...
10
10

WTB plow
WTB 7-8ft snow plow setup to fit a '73-'87('73-'91 SUV) Full size Chevy 4x4. Must need little to no work and be complete. I am in NW Iowa and will travel a far distance for a great plow/good deal....
3
3

WTB