Latest threads in Chevrolet 4x4 Trucksshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Colorado--wheel stud replacement?
Are any special tools needed to replace the wheel studs (front and rear) on a Colorado? I think they must have made the studs out of old Pepsi cans, because my wheels have been removed 3-4 times now...
2
2

1999 Chevy Tahoe Steering Gone Nuts
Hello, I have a 1999 Chevy Tahoe and it seems to be having a problem with the steering. Every now and then, whenever it wants actually, the steering seems to just go loose. That is, if you're driving...
7
7

99 Chevy Tahoe>Battery Drain Over Night
I have checked out the battery as OK. Put 10Amp current meter on both positive lines from battery & get 4 amps for a few seconds & then almost zero or no current! Putting both positive lines together...

Question about Factory car stereo
Hi all, I recently purchased an '03 S10. So far I'm loving my 16 year S10 upgrade. I was considering replacing the factory stereo with one that can play mp3s. I was told by the salesman, after he...
2
2

'98 Burb/4.7 Vortec: How To Read The Ammeter?
Just had the alternator replaced. My sense is that the new one isn't charging enough - backed up by an occasional weak horn, a couple of sluggish starts, and a battery that reads about 12.8 volts...
6
6

97 Chev 4x4 P.U. 5.7 stumbles & misses
I'm going nutty with this vehicle. Intermitently the engine stumbles as I start to accelerate,doesn't do it all the time. Seems to happen more when I have the A/C on. as I slowly backed into my garage...
5
5

Which belt? How do I know what size alternator I have?
In order to get the right serpentine belt for my 2000 Silverado 5.3 Z71 I need to know which alternator I have (100 amp, 105 amp, or 130 amp), how can I find this info? The alternator doesn't have any...
3
3

98 gmc Z71 running bad
I have a 98 GMC Z71 pickup that has 115,000 miles on it and recently in the past couple of months has been running very bad. I don't know what it is exactly doing but it acts like it is running out of...
1
1

'85 s-10 blazer 2.8L with '89 4.3L parts
My problem is this, I have a 1985 Chevy s-10 Blazer 4X2 with a 2.8L engine and auto transmission, the transmission has failed. A friend had a wrecked 1989 s-10 4X4 with a 4.3L engine an auto...
1
1

1999 Tahoe Backfires
My 1999 Tahoe, 2WD, Auto tranny, sometimes backfires through the intake when starting up after the engine has been warmed up. No check engine light on the dash as a result. Seems to happen after the...
1
1

1972 C20 differential change-out
I want to change out the differential (not just the gears) to a late model 3.73 ratio. I want to stay away from the axle sticking out from the wheel 5 inches, and keep the 8 lugs. I would also like to...
1
1

part numbers
Is there a part number look up for Chevy parts ? I have a radiator that is still new in the box, but I'm not sure what it fits. I'm hoping it is a direct replacement for my truck, but want to be sure...
4
4

1994 Chevy Z71with 350 TBI, surges Just off of idle.
Idle is only sligtly rough, but Engine surges when throttle is opened slightly. This happens when driving slow and steady with engine warm. I can duplicate with air cleaner off and hand open throttle....
1
1

97 Astro AWD having problem removing the front driver side drive shaft
I have a 97 Astro AWD van with a leaking front driver side axle seal. I am trying to remove the front driver side drive axle to replace the axle seal. I have disconnected the knuckle from the upper...

99 Silverado Wireless Which one??
I have a 99 Silverado LS ext. Cab that has a wireless remote for the door locks, and supposedly remote start. How can I determine which remote I need, the truck didn't come with one. The idiots at the...