Latest threads in Chevrolet 4x4 Trucksshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

5.3 Liter Aluminum Block
Looking for information on the 5.3 liter aluminum block that came in my 2006 Silverado. Is the cylinder surface of these motors a cast iron sleeve or is it a Nikasil plated bore? Thanks, Brian
6
6

Brake Prblem
I have 98 chevy blazer,when I step on the brake I hear air from under the steering wheel. Someone please help me. Whats the problem
2
2

1998 2500 w/5.0L P0340
Hi, all. I've got a 1998 2500 Van with a 5.0L engine that's generating a P0340 shortly after start and immediately again after it's cleared. When it's raining or very humid out it's running poorly,...
1
1

Full time 4x4 on 78 Chevy Truck
I was wondering would it make a difference in gas milage to unhook the front driveshaft? Since there is no way to shift this x-fer case into 2wd.
17
17

OVER 150 COLLECTOR CARS FOR SALE
I currently have over 150 collector cars for sale. To view photos, go to

86 S10 4x4 noise
On my 86 S10 4wd there is a loud clicking noise coming from the front axle. It doesnt matter what gear or neutral the trans or transfer case is in. Nothing changes it. Brakes and tires/wheels have...
1
1

Road Tires: Different Capacities for same model?
I know zero about tires, but need to buy a set soon. '98 'burb. One thing I definitely want is capacity above and beyond the mandated minimum for the vehicle in question - having blown a sidewall a...
18
18

K & N Filters ??? Good or Bad ??
I've heard that the K&N air filters can create a problem in the air intake sensor ?? Any truth to this rumor ? I have one (~5K miles on it), and am nearing 30K miles on my 04' 2500 Silverado. I'd like...
12
12

Suburban Upgrades
Has anyone tried the basic power upgrades for 2006 1500 4x4 Suburbans? I'm thinking about looking into options like an aftermarket air filter, chip, synthetic oil, cat-back, etc. Fuel economy...
10
10

Edelbrock MPFI #3502, Anybody get this to work?
I installed this MPFI manifold on my 91 Suburban, 350, VIN K, V2500. The motor has just finished being rebuilt, everything is new or made the trip to the machine shop. As far as I can tell, all wiring...
2
2

2500HD vs 3500SRW (again)
Based on info received here (and from a dealer), I thought I understood that an '06 3500SRW truck has ONE additional rear leaf spring per side on the rear axle. But here's another opinion: " The...
3
3

Clicking and Chirping
Hey! My '99 Chevy Silverado 1500 LT Z71 makes this noise whenever it is idling that sounds like a high-pitched chirp. And then whenever I start accelerating I can hear a clicking noise. As I lift my...
2
2

Axle woes have returned...need a lifespan estimate.
Yes, I know... Damn it... So, on the 3rd of July, around 8:30pm, I was on the interstate and hit a very steep, nearly mile-long grade. Maintaining speed is difficult so I dropped to 3rd gear. As I...
24
24

Question Regarding VIN numbers
Is there a site that allows one to decode the VIN number of their vehicle? It's a curiousity that has plagued me for years, but was forgotten until I started looking for a late mode used/pre-owned...
2
2

S10 4x4 lower ball joint
I have an 03 S10. I do my own chassis lube and oil changes. When I try to lube the lower ball joints, the zerk fiting sits inside a little cutout "window". The zerk is right up against one side of the...
1
1