Latest threads in Chevrolet 4x4 Trucksshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Warped Brake Rotors?
Just bought a new 06' Silverado 4x4 with the aluminum 5.3 liter to replace my 99' K1500 5.7 liter. I really like the truck so far, it actually gets a little better mileage than my old truck. I only...
12
12

Spark plug removal - aluminum heads?
When removing spark plugs from aluminum heads is it best for the heads to be cold or warmed up? -AJ
19
19

chevy 1500
was wondering if any of you could help. Fuel filter changed then started having problems with the rpms racing up to 4000 then slamming into gear. Changed throttle postioner, mass air flow still no...
6
6

Paint Code Question
I have a 1985 Chevy S-10 Blazer (original owner). I need to paint the front bumper filler (daughter decided to assist in the premature death of the bumper and filler). I have the build decal that is...
3
3

2002 Silverado transmission problems
This morning my service engine light came on. Went to the Chevy dealer and found out two troubling things: 1. I'm out of warranty despite only 27,000 miles. 2. The 4 error codes indicate transmission...
2
2

NP208 Transfer Case diagnisis needed.
I run an 87 GMC 1500 4WD (lockable hubs) PU with a 305. It has a THM700R trans and a NP208 T-case. Occasionally while driving in 2WD The T-case jumps out of gear. I have to come to a complete stop put...
3
3

I need to install the distributor
I am attempting to install the distributor on my truck. It is a 91 Suburban, V2500, 350, vin K. I looked thru the chilton book and it described a white painted line on the base of the distributor, it...
4
4

Help Tahoe 98 winshield motor PLEASE.
I have a 1998 Chevy Tahoe and my wiper works only sometimes. For example it runs perfect for a while and then it just frezz up on my. I Can hear the motor want to spin but nothing happins. Should I...
2
2

2000 Pontiac Montana - Evap Sensor code
I have a 2000 Pontiac Montana. I recently had the transmission replaced and soon after they fixed it the service engine light came on. They checked it for free to make sure it wasn['t anything related...
4
4

hard bed cover??
I'd like to find a bed cover for my '06 2500 'standard' (6.5 ft) bed, that is hard and lockable, but fairly light and easy to remove and store. Is there such a thing that anyone has had good luck...

01 Jimmy MPG Surprise
What a great surprise, I just did a 782 mile round trip from Queens NY to Mc Gaheysville, VA in my 01 Jimmy with average speed of a shade under 70. To my great surprise I got 21.6 MPG. This is such a...
1
1

service engine light 2001 silverado 5.3
My gas started screwing up when the tank is full reading empty and low fuel light comes on. I figure a bad sending unit on top of this my service engine light came on with the fault code p1441. The...

Vinegar in the radiator seems to have worked...
Well, I gave the radiator a good soak with white vinegar. It seems to have helped quite a bit. The only real test will be getting it out in some serious traffic or on the interstate. For those not...
14
14

OEM GM and Chevy Truck parts catalogs for sale
I have the following OEM Chevy and GM truck parts catalogs for sale on microfiche. Drop me a line with any interest. Thanks, Joe. GM TRUCK 85-89 ASTRO/SAFARI May-92 GM TRUCK 85-89 ASTRO/SAFARI May-96...

87 V20 Leaf Spring Bushings
I am thinking of replacing the leaf spring bushings on my 87 V20 4x4. Do I have to have a press or will they just push in and bolt up? Is this something best done by a professional? Is it very...
1
1