Latest threads in Chevrolet 4x4 Trucksshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

1999 Suburban AC Noise
I have a 1999 'Burb K2500 with 105K miles on it. We had a heat wave (for us) last week. When my wife ran the AC on the "Max" setting, there seemed to be a thumping sound coming from the passenger's...
5
5

Used engine year range
I have a 1999 Suburban 1500 with the 5.7L engine. I need to put a used engine in it. Wife drove the old one with no oil for 15 miles. It leaked out of a loose oil cooler line. Were can I find what...
2
2

Winter Tires and Rim Sizes
This may sound stupid but I have a 2005 1500 4x4 with steel 17" Rims and would like to know if I could put 16" rims and tires on it for the winter. If so will the truck respond in snow or at high...
1
1

Brake Lights Not Working
Hey guys! Got another question...let's see what you guys think... Ok, driving to work a friend who was following me called me and told me that my right brake light was out (i have a '99 Chevy...
5
5

Trans question
I have a friend that is going to move to Arizona from Indiana. He has a 96 G-20 van. It has 5.7 engine and it has all the extra coolers for trans and oil. The van has 9000lb G.V.W. so it is on the...
1
1

transmission
i have a 2001 chevy silverado and today while i was driving all of a sudden the truck stopped and i had to pull over i could push on the gas pedal but the truck wont move it revs up but it doesnt move...
1
1

Automatic to Manual 4x4 conversion
I have a GMC Sierra Classic 1500. It is currently an automatic and I am wanting to convert it to a standard 4x4. I am unsure of the steps to do it or how expensive it will be or if it is even worth...
8
8

2007 Tahoe DOD
ok, so the displacement on demand feature of the new tahoe is suppose to improve gas milage but i've yet to witness any real effect. situation 1: cruising at 75mph down I-20 the engine only drops to...
10
10

alt.trucks.chevy
I have spent a lot of money beefing a TH350 a couple of years ago, should have done a 700R with overdrive, but to late. So my question is can a TH350 be modified to the TH350C that has the electric...
7
7

99 Chevy Silverado Power Window
I have a 99 Chevy Silverado with power windows. The windows has stuck in up position. When I activate the button to the down position I hear a clicking sound in the door panel. 2 questions, should I...
1
1

RE: improving AC/Engine Cooling
I noticed the original poster mentioned heavy traffic situations and slow going on the freeway. I have noticed one thing happening with almost all my vehicles that in stop and go traffic, wether it is...
5
5

99 GMC yukon 5.7
Hello My 99 yukon 5.7 has been consuming about 1 1/2 quarts per 3000 miles. Is this common? I have inspected the engine for leaks and haven't found any. There is no noise coming from the engine and...
2
2

Transfer case rattle?
Hi..I have a 03 Silverado Z71 with about 95000 km on it. About a month ago I had a nasty grinding noise coming from my transfer case periodically. I took it into my dealer and it turned out to be my...
1
1

Crankcase breather
The crankcase breather, ACDelco #CV870, on my '83 Surburban/6.2L diesel, is starting to spit up small quanties of engine oil irregularly, and my mechanic says its time for a new one. Before I accept...
1
1

Gas gage woes
5.3 Liter 2001 Silverado 80,000 miles.When I fill my tank the low fuel light comes on and the gas gage goes to empty. OK its probably the sensor in the tank correct? Now the service engine light is...
3
3