Latest threads in Chevrolet 4x4 Trucksshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Help 98 chevy truck
Help, I have a 1998 Chevy truck with a tilt steering wheel. As I'm driving down the road the audible alarm goes off ( its the one that tells you, when leave your keys in the ignition when the key is...

new front axle actuator - again
'97 K1500, with front axle not engaging in 4 wheel drive. I got the new front axle actuator, part #26060073 and wiring harness #12376317 as suggested here and verified by GMpartsonline. No...
5
5

TSB for Intermediate Steering Shaft 2004 Silverado
Greetings, Can someone please direct me to the proper TSB or part number for the lube kit for the intermediate steering shaft for my 2004 CHevy Silverado 2500HD. I had the shaft replaced under...
10
10

Help on front brakes for 1998 K2500 Suburban
I'm in need of some help on replacing the front rotors on a 1998 K2500 4x4 Suburban. I have removed the calipers. I have removed the four retaining bolts on the back of the hub/rotor assembly. I have...
4
4

my latest fubar
I thought you all might appreciate this, especially Jon( I know this is nowhere near your mishap but still amusing). After taking out and cleaning my vacuum modulator valve, I had been back in the...
5
5

WARNING" GM's standard operating proceedure
Saturn (GM) STANDARD OPERATING PROCEEDURE When we at GM discover an epidemic costly flaw in our cars (like casting flaws in our cylinder heads that will cause the head to eventually CRACK); and before...
12
12

New springs for the carb? Also, ID the weird vacuum port on the manifold...
Well...the K5 is officially back on the road...sort of. The last change I made to the carb (rejetting) before the fire apparently *did* lean it out a bit. However, there's a bad lean spot right off...
9
9

chevy ck 4500 kodiak a/c problem
I know this is hard to belive when I turn on my A/C the vent nearest the passenger side door blows ice cold air all other vents blow warm but slightly refrigerated air help

trans slipping
TH400, 125K on it, behind a 454. Never had a problem shifting/slipping at all until this week. Now after towing a trailer into the mountains it's slipping. Probably the obvious answer that I fried it....
5
5

92 S10 torsion bar question
I have a 92 S10 Blazer. I messed with the torsion bars a long time ago to adjust the ride height of the back of the truck. I was told later not to screw with them which they were right! :( I finally...
2
2

Non-electronic lockup on a 700-R4...
So... I got the K5 back today. My tranny case was damaged and had to be replaced (according to the shop) so the bill was quite a bit higher than expected. Regardless, the head dude there said that...
1
1

Please help with 96 chevy truck king cab seat that wont slide right
x-no-archive:yes I have a 96 chevy king cab. The passanger seat is the type that when you fold the seat forward to let people in the back the whole seat will slide forward as well to make room for...

6.5L diesel surge on low fuel
Had an odd thing happen today. Crusing along at 70mph and fuel tank is close to empty but not quite, and suddenly I get a surge of power that felt like a turbo kicking in (not a turbo vehicle), and it...
3
3

Popping sound from Cat?
Vehicle is a '98 K2500 with 5.7L (350). I just finished up replacing the intake manifold gasket. Upon initial startup, I get a loud metalic popping sound. Almost like something was left in the...
1
1

2500 vs 3500? Opinions?
Rookie, dumb, no-brainer question. I want a new truck. A diesel. Chrysler products are out. (Lotta reasons, drive train mostly. The Cummins is a great engine, no doubt.) Ford hasn't the reliability,...
5
5