Latest threads in Chevrolet 4x4 Trucksshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

IFS to Solid Axle
Has anyone here done the IFS to Solid axle replacement on a Chev or GMC full size?
3
3

Rollover Survivability: Pickups vs Suburbans?
Can't remember where I looked, but last time (some years back...) the survivability rate differences for rollover were pretty drastic for pickup trucks vs Suburbans. The pickup truck rates suggested...
3
3

Bench Seat
Will a Bench seat just bolt into a 92 full size blazer with captains chairs. Im looking for more room for my family and dogs?
4
4

Is the HHR a truck?
Is it a truck, a mini-van, a station wagon, an SUV? OK - Its not a truck in the way my Silverado is. Is it a mini SUV, like a mini version of my suburban? I drove a 5-speed version today. It was...
3
3

1981 chev pickup - no electrical power
Driving down the road, my '81 chev truck lost all electrical power. No radio, dash lights ... nothing. The battery is recent and has been tested with a voltage meter and is good. We also tested at the...
2
2

trans swap
Can I use a trans from a 2 wheel drive in my 4 wheel drive? What would I have to do if so, If I have to do anything other than take the tail piece off the trans and bolt the t-case to it.
1
1

hard to start and rough idle?? 2000 GMC Sierra 5.3L V-8
Replacing the Fuel Pressure Regulator Solved this problem for me. Would Start in the morning just fine. But when left for 15-30 minutes after having the engine warm. It would be hard to start and take...
2
2

93 chev 1/2 ton won't run
I have a 93 chev 1/2 ton with a 350 engine. The engine won't run unless fuel is poured into the throttle body. The engine will continue to run as long as the accelerator is part way down but as soon...
3
3

Will a 1992-94 gauge cluster work in a 90 k1500?
Just wondering if this is possible. Thanks, Chris

oil leak
I have a 1992 Chevy Z71 Silverado, with a 5.7 liter that has an oil leak in which I have traced back to the dipstick tube. The only problem is its coming out the end of the dipstick tube. I have low...
3
3

Cavalier starting problem
This is the wrong group I know, but here is the problem. I have a 97 cavalier auto 4 cyl, last year our son did in the front fender I knew I couldn't fix it un till spring ( I had surgery) so I took...
3
3

speaker replacement
i am going to replace a door speaker in a friends 2001 extended cab LT z71 i know how to remove everything BUT one thing. he has memory seats button on door. does this just snap out, like the lock...

Single Tire K3500 Pickup...what years offered?
Anyone know what years the k3500 pickups were offered in rear single tire versions? ----------- Elbert
2
2

Passlock Problem?? No Fuel, No Spark
Here is the deal, I recently replaced my blown up 2.2 with a 4.3L engine, as I was instructed by many who had done the process before, I was sure to be able to obtain the BCM and the PCM from the same...
3
3

1989 chevy transmission removal question.
I have a 1989 1500 4x4. I need to change the trans. I don't want to mess with the torsion bars. Can I remove the trans with the transfer case still connected? Will everything clear and come out in one...
14
14