1972 C20 differential change-out

I want to change out the differential (not just the gears) to a late model 3.73 ratio. I want to stay away from the axle sticking out from the wheel 5 inches, and keep the 8 lugs. I would also like to have disc brakes with
it.
Is there one that will bolt on without any modifications needed?
Any ideas would be appreciated.

No. At very least you may have to modify suspension mounting pads on axle. GM made a 9.5 inch 14 bolt 8 lug semi floating axle (not hubs sticking through wheels) for many years (and still does) but current one will not just bolt in. If it was a 88 or newer it could basically be a bolt in. ----------------- The SnoMan www.thesnoman.com