1972 Malibu

Don't know if any of the regulars here recall it.... but I sold my '72 sedan today... hate to let her go........

Chris GMC Gremlin

Reply to
GMC Gremlin

I hope you don't end up kicking yourself later on for doing it.

My dad sold a 56 Ford Crown Vicky in 66 for $200, and used that to buy a 63 Buick Skylark convertible, 215 V-8, AC, leather seats. They traded that in on a Duster, 225, auto plain jane in 72, because a mechanic told them the car wasn't worth fixing, the rear end had a noisy pinion bearing.. Me, I sold my 65 Pontiac Lemans 2 dr, overhead cam six sprint motor, the one with factory headers, dual exhaust, four barrel, three on the floor for $125. Then there was the 70 Chevy half ton short bed step side that I traded for a 75 Jeep J-20, 401, turbo 400, quadratrac transfer case(the only good part of the whole truck, other than the axles and the "look"), as I just had to have a 4X4.

Today I bought a 2003 Caviler for a work car, on the lot was a sweet cream puff '74 Monte Carlo, $3,999 asking price. Anyways it seems the transmission in my 91 S-10 Blazer is about to give up the ghost, breaks my heart going to have to spend some money on her for the first time and she only has 211,678 miles on her. musta been a bad tranny. When it gets into overdrive under light to medium acceleration I am getting a "shudder", rather severe at times. If it had a posi in the rear I would say the clutches have gone to snot in it, but it doesn't. So ether the torque converter clutches have had it, or the sprag unit is about to implode. Weird most of the time it "feels" like its coming from the rear, but when its really bad it feels like front end. I am clueless when it comes to Automatics, and leery of rebuilds, never seen one last. so that points me to buying a replacement from GM.

Whitelightning

Reply to
Whitelightning

ah, wish I could turn back the clock to May 15, 1981....... so I could think twice before trading in my 71 Chevelle coupe..... 50,000 miles, HEI ignition upgrades, 1976 Cadillac Georgian Silver metellic respray.........

all to get a car with air conditioning............... and the air conditioning broke 3 months later........

if I would have kept it, it might be pushing 250,000 by now, but rebuilding engines, trannies, erc would have been cheaper than some of the automotive mistakes I made in the last 20 years....

-- I am using the free version of SPAMfighter for private users. It has removed 1019 spam emails to date. Paying users do not have this message in their emails. Try

for free now!

Reply to
markansas859