1973 Chevy Truck ) _ with a 1990 w/350 [ RESPOND ASAP)

I bought a 1973 chevy truck 3 months ago and have gone though 3 starters! Thats a starter a MONTH! The start makes a wired noise like 3 days b4 it goes out(locks up). High pich grinding noise(?) i think internal
short-cirrciut(?), How can i fix this/these problem(s)? ASAP - Repond
PathMaker wrote:

What do you think this forum is? Some sort of forum that is designed to give you quick answers? This is all basically volunteer....like minded people that want to help or be involved. Ask your question nicely and hope that someone takes the time to respond.
Ian (who has a couple of suggestions, but can't be bothered at the moment, due to the title)
you may have to shim the starter away from the flywheel.... or you may have to grind down the pad and bring the starter closer to the flexplate. it all depends on the application.
--
Mad-Dog
'79 Chevy K-10

Or the ring gear may be shot. H
I think he should give up and give me the truck....
-- GMC Gremlin
Simply K5's Nuttin' Newer Than 1991 - Just The Way I Like It! http://motors.search.ebay.com/_W0QQfgtpZ1QQfrppZ25QQsassZpapasmurf1990 Phone: (206) 350 - BLZR (2597)