1979 4by4

I am considering a project. I have a 1978 chevrolet k10 4by4 and it has a twisted frame. I also have a 1979 c10 2 wheel drive. I want to make the 2wheel drive out of the 4by 4. I realize the work involved and that doesn't
bother me. My question is if I strip all the front end stuff of both vehicles, will the 4by4 stuff fit the 2 wheel drive frame? Thanks for all replys. Joe.
PS no we are not crazy, just low on funds, and we are having fun. We are building a Mud Bogger.
You'll have to cut the rear spring to frame brackets off of the 4X4 frame, and weld them on the 2WD frame.
Use the upper control arm's ball grease fitting as a refference point, to center the front differential's ball joints.
Use all of the steering components off of the 4WD frme.
I did a pickup and a blazer and it worked out fine.
Refinish King