1979 Chevrolet Blazer 4x4

I got it yesterday. It ran great coming home. Drove it like 40 Miles. Parked it. And this morning, Wouldn't start. I know it is Carburated. I then tried to start it after work. Still wouldn't start. And now battery
is dead. Any thing possible to check for?
--
R. Younger
snipped-for-privacy@Cox.net

thanks. I have now gotten the problem figured out for the starting.