1979 chevy

I JUST PURCHASE A 1979 CHEVY TRUCK WITH A 307 CU.INCH ENGINE AND 3 SPEED STAN. TRANS. IT STARTS AND RUNS FOR A FEW DAYS.WHEN TRYING TO CRANK AFTER A FEW DAYS IT WON'T. PUSH STARTING
GETS ME GOING AND IT CRANKS ALL RIGHT FOR A FEW DAYS,THEN WON'T CRANK AGAIN. I PURCHASE A NEW STARTER AND SOLENOID AND THAT STILL WON'T SOLVE THE PROBLEM. CAN YOU HELP ME AND THANKS IN ADVANCE. JD
Cables, battery, bad ground. Could be a lot of things, start there.
diablo

its a chev.. be glad yours starts..lol :) I've heard of the "shunk or whatever it is called" going bad.. seen people run a wire to a switch in the truck to bypass the key.. Clean all your terminals..

Possibly a bad alternator. Make sure EVERYTHING is turned off(dome light too), remove the positive battery cable and look closely for some light sparking when you touch the end to the terminal. If there is, disconnect the alternator connections, and try the end to the terminal again. If it doesn't spark, replace the alternator...if it does spark, its a drain elsewhere.
Also, please don't type in all capital letters...thanx.