1984 Dual fuel tank wiring question

My son removed a defective drivers side fuel tank a while ago. I am trying to put a new one back in.

Question I have is the tank on the drivers side has a ground wire, and a wire that connects to the sending unit. Those two I can figure out.

There are two additional wires hanging there that go where? Both are an Orange or Red color, and one has a white tracer.

My son does not remember the wires, and he is across country now.

I believe there is just the two wires needed for the tank sending unit, but am not sure about the other two wires.

Anyone???

Reply to
Bill

Anybody? AllData is useless.

Reply to
Bill

You know I have been in the same position exactly. Installed a new tank on the passenger side where one had been removed and the wires cut by a previous owner. The box is still off and the wires now are covered with split-loam so I can't figure it out for you. I figured it out before but it took loots of trial and error and plenty of work with a volt meter to get it right.

Anyone with the box back on has no chance to help you unless they have a photgaphic memory. You can always try a gas tank shop.

Reply to
Gordie

If you want to post the vin,

I have my older MOD, and the wiring in that includes the dual tanks.

Let me know.

Reply to
Refinish King

VIN 1GCEC14HXE1145499

Reply to
Bill

Hi Bill:

Thank you for the reply, I'll look the diagram up and e-mail it to you later today.

Thank you,

Reply to
Refinish King