1985 K5 Blazer AC system.

If one wanted to disassemble and store an entire AC system, how might one go about this?

Everything you remove you will need to cap off. The compressor, receiver dryer, condensor and the evaporator core all need to be plugged off as do the hoses. Do not be surprised to have to replace the received dryer when you go to re-install it. The dryer has a bag of dissicant to remove water from the system and it will soak up water from the air after the system is opened.
GMC Gremlin wrote:

GMC Gremlin wrote:

Start by having the system evacuated, than disconnect each line and component. I question * Why * ???
If your storing the car, evacuate to keep moisture out. Freon has a way of escaping when the compressor rests. The accumulator can be " toasted " [ gently heated ] to drive out moisture
Ya, I really just want to figure out how to pop the cork on this system and "collapse" it a little bit so I can sell/ship it.
GMC Gremlin