1986 chevy silverado transfer case

can some one help me i need to check fluid level in the transfer case but dont know where the fill hole is located

mpd wrote:

Shpuld be a a NP 208 and fill hole is in the back. There are two plugs that look the same, one high and one low (fill and drain). Replace the fluid while you are at it. It takes about 3 quarts of ATF fluid.
--

www.thesnoman.com

Don't mean to jump into this thread, but for this vehicle ALLData says: Type: Dexron IIE which is now Dexron III New Process Model 241 - 4.6pts Borg-Warner Model 4401 - 3.0pts Borg-Warner Model 4470 - 6.6pts
I have used store brand ATF and Brand Name ATF and the brand named stuff seemed to hold together longer. I like sticking to brand name things anyways. But it all depends on who makes the store brand stuff. Anyway, I figure you get what you pay for.
Steve