1987 Chevy S-10 V6 4x4 will not go into 4 wheel drive

Page 1 of 2
I have a 1987 Chevy S-10 V6 4x4 that will not go into 4 wheel drive. It sounds as if the transfer case is trying to engage or does engae but front wheels do not turn when shifted into 4 wheel drive. Does anyone know what's
wrong or have any suggestions. I'd appreciate any ideas/answers to this problem. Thanks.
I have a 1987 Chevy S-10 V6 4x4 that will not go into 4 wheel drive. It sounds as if the transfer case is trying to engage or does engae but front wheels do not turn when shifted into 4 wheel drive. Does anyone know what's wrong or have any suggestions. I'd appreciate any ideas/answers to this problem. Thanks.

On Tue, 06 Nov 2007 19:43:51 GMT, "mtnfox31 via CarKB.com"

There is a vacum actuator under hood that controls a cable that engages front axle. Check it and vacuum lines to it as is known to fail with age sometimes. Also is this push-n-pray manual shift 4x4 drive. ----------------- TheSnoMan.com
snipped-for-privacy@snoman.com says...

[snip]
We interupt this thread for a Public Service Announcement.
----------------------------------- :::::::::Introducing SnoMans Follies::::::::: SBJ: 4T65E http://tinyurl.com/2lcjkv (Confuses 4T65e with a 4L65e and won't admit it.)
SBJ: Dumb brake question http://tinyurl.com/2ya3wo (Discribes wrong brakes and won't admit it.)
SBJ: Front wheel bearings-2000 Blazer?? http://tinyurl.com/2j44zv (Claims torque specs are wrong when they are not.)
SBJ: Snoball Defense System v1.01 http://tinyurl.com/2okyfx (Snoball breaks these out when he knows he's wrong but won't admit it.) -----------------------------------

You mean we interupt this thread for a Troll take act like the troll and child that he is. ----------------- TheSnoMan.com
snipped-for-privacy@snoman.com says...

I'm trolling for one thing, an admission to your ERRORS. There is something going on in your head that prevents you from admitting your mistakes and its a serious problem. I'm not going to let up. You're free ride is over.

[snip]
We interupt this thread for a Public Service Announcement.
----------------------------------- :::::::::Introducing SnoMans Follies::::::::: SBJ: 4T65E http://tinyurl.com/2lcjkv (Confuses 4T65e with a 4L65e and won't admit it.)
SBJ: Dumb brake question http://tinyurl.com/2ya3wo (Discribes wrong brakes and won't admit it.)
SBJ: Front wheel bearings-2000 Blazer?? http://tinyurl.com/2j44zv (Claims torque specs are wrong when they are not.)
SBJ: Snoball Defense System v1.01 http://tinyurl.com/2okyfx (Snoball breaks these out when he knows he's wrong but won't admit it.) -----------------------------------
Doubtful that will happen. The man has no dignity at all.
As you and others are aware, the Idiot has been running around various auto/truck groups posting a never ending list of mindnumbing BS. The problem most see with this posted info, is that most of it is wrong and in a number time's outright dangerous, if said info is applied it could result in damage or worst case, personal injury.
He has been chastised at every group he post's his crap on, thrown off those that are moderated but still he persists.
My only thought regards dealing with this pos is to continue to warn others of his BS. Posting the different examples of his crap to each group weekly will continue to alert new members of the questionable quality of info they may recieve from this fool.

says...

I'm not going to post weekly... Oh no thats not enough anymore. I'm going to reply to EVERY ONE of his post with my list of links. I have all of the groups he frequents on my list. It's not hard locating his post. He's no longer going to get away with his denial game anymore.

That might do it. Although a few of us have responded to his BS on different groups every time he steps on his dick. But he continues.
Such comments are totally inapproiate. please read my last pst directed at heatwave, bt the same goes for you. Roy wrote:

You will learn to find them very appropriate if you follow some of the wrong advice this Idiot post's.
Regards the moderator: Get a clue.

Roy you are such a child and I get a big laugh out of watching you make a fool out of yourself. You must be very insecure and act out to fill some need in you. BTW, you can dribble all you want because I like watching you make a fool out of yourself. The only thing you are doing with each and every post is destroying your own credibilty (which is not much anyway) not anyone elses because anyone that is not part of yourTroll click can see what a fool you are acting like. You could not survive in a truely moderated environment so you act the child you are here. Have fun little boy. ----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Odd that you say that. You were tossed out of a moderated forum. Remember the moderated plow site? You were tossed from there for the same bs you do on the unmoderated groups. Yes, I am a memeber of plow site.
How about you stfu until ya have something to say that is new or different
says...

Not to mention he didn't even last a month at fullsizechevy.com snoman Join Date: 05-30-2004 Last Activity: 06-27-2004 Total Posts: 976 ***Banned***

The Idiot's saga is unreal.
Apparently you have a problem with the advice snowman has given you or others. This site is for people to try and help one another by giving suggestions on what the problem is and suggestions on how to fix it. He told me the same thing others have told me. One being from advance, and the other works on tranmissions. If you have any sugesstions relevant to my question please post them, but if ll you are going to do is bash someone for trying to help someone don't bother. If you continue to rant and rave at those folks who want to actually anwer my question I will report youto the site moderator. So please leave your personal feelings about whoever off this thread. Thanks
Heatwave wrote:

Site moderator. That's a good one.

Another CarKBtard... I got news for ya, carKB does not run nor own the 'usenet'. There is no 'moderator' for you to cry to. If you had actually taken the time to read the links provided you would know Snoball is a fool. In the future be sure to do some research before you make yourself look any more foolish than you already have.
Learn you some Usenet: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usenet
Try reading the links. They are entertaining if you pull the stick out of your butt.

That is but a small sample. Still want to blindly take his advice?
The guy at advance told us to do something similar to what you advise. Thanks
SnoMan wrote:

That's not exactly a glowing endorsement.