1987 Chevy S10 Door jammed

The lever is stuck in this position
http://www.kevsblues.com/door.jpg
I pryed it open a bit today looked down along side the window and its a bit rusty down there.
The outer lever lifts up with no resistance.
I cant get the door open.
Is it possible to get the door panel off with out opening the door.
I can hear the lock working, but locked or unlocked the door will no open?....
Thanks
--
http://www.soundclick.com/kevinduggan

http://www.kevsblues.com

Kevin,
The door release mechanism is acutuated by metal rods. One connects to the outer door handle tothe release, one connects to the inner door handle to the release. If you can get at either of these rods and give em' a tug, the door will open.
You should be able to get the door skin off with the door closed, then yank the rod to open the door and repair the problem.
Doc

If you can get your hands on a "slim jim" these doors are very simple to get open reaching in down the outside of the window. If not, then as Doc says, you can get the panel off without having the door open. 3 screws in the arm rest, then pull. Start at the bottom, the work your way up the sides. You'll see the two metal rods Doc mentioned, and it'll be pretty obvious how to tug on them to get the door to open.
Big Chris

Thanks Big Chris
I too two screw out and removed the piece that serves as a arm rest.
After this nothing moves, also I am afraid of breaking something.
Were would I start at the bottom of the door to remove the panel?
Any special tools
Thanks again Kevin
--
http://www.soundclick.com/kevinduggan

http://www.kevsblues.com

Thanks Doc;
Are you saying you have to pull up on these rods that go sideways from the inside door handle to the latch?
Again Thanks
Kevin
--
http://www.soundclick.com/kevinduggan

http://www.kevsblues.com

the
the
yank
you pull the rod to the inner handle toward the front of the truck to release the latch
. . ====== ====== kevin snipped-for-privacy@REMOVE.uml.edu (KevinDuggan) wrote in message: The lever is stuck in this position
http://www.kevsblues.com/door.jpg
<snip> ===== ===== Kevin, I've read the thread to date....
in order to get that door panel off you're going to have to take off more than jest the arm rest.
You will need to take off the window crank handle and the interior door handle(actuator,lever).
There should be a phillips head screw on the lower rear corner and one on the lower front corner holding the panel secure.
There will be plastic "push" type trim clips attached to the inside of the door panel, going around the outer edge. You'll need to pry the panel off slowly to release these from the actual door.
Once all that's done you'll need to lift up on the panel to get it to release off the window opening area. Again, go slow and don't force it.
.... Want some advice????? That door panel is going to be a b*tch to get off with the door closed on it, without cracking the plastic panel. I'd run by a body shop and have them pop the door open for you using a lock-out tool, and ask them to take a look at the mechanism and see what's going on. You may get lucky and get a temporary fix for no charge. Not all techs are slobs....there's alot of free service out there if you go looking it. It would only take a body tech 15 minutes to get that door open and have the panel off.
any whoooo... jest a thunk. ~:~
MarshMonster ~free is cheap...and so's asking~ ===== =====