1987 Chevy S10 stalling

My Chevy truck (which I believe is fuel injected), all of a sudden just stalls with no warning. This happens at no regular intervals just seems spontainious
but then the truck will start again,
today I dropped it off at a mechanic I use. He had it for most part of the day and could not figure the problem out, saying that when it stalls if the Truck would not restart he would be able to figure the problem.
The engine has 87, thousand miles on it and is in good shape.
Anyone have any ideas here please.....
Thanks
Kevin
Anyone have any ideas?
--
http://www.soundclick.com/kevinduggan

http://www.kevsblues.com
WHICH engine is it?

Its a V6

--
http://www.soundclick.com/kevinduggan

http://www.kevsblues.com

Normally you would respond to this question with the size of motor (2.8L) but since Chevy did not introduce the 4.3L V-6 until the following model year, we can guess that you have a 2.8L motor (unless of course you've done the 3.1L or 3.4L swap, or something more extreme). And when you have a 4.3L like my S-series, then you still have to quantify which 4.3L it is, as there are different ones (mine is a VIN "Z" motor). That'll help you when asking for help in the future to save time and to make people more likely to respond to your question(s).
Big Chris
Thanks Chris; The engine has not much power that much I do know. Does not burn oils and supposedly has been well maintained. How can I be sure of what engine size I have. I just bought this about 4 months ago, the "Sevice Engine Soon" light has been on since I have owned the truck. The truck has 87,000 miles and I guess the motor was rebuilt at 40,000. I bought this truck from a local Auto Shop who I have been using for a while now.
Yesterday while there I tried for a sticker and emissions said I was using up too much gas.
It runs great if it was not for this stalling
Thanks Again
Kevin

--
http://www.soundclick.com/kevinduggan

http://www.kevsblues.com
As I said, I probably don't have the answers, but if they are showing it using too much gas, check/clean/replace the EGR valve (if it does truly have the 4.3L) and replace the O2 sensor. SES light can come on from either one. If you dig around the net, you can find how to pull the codes for the SES with a paper clip. My guess, as I stated was that you have the 2.8L motor, as I don't think 4.3L was in the S-series until 1988. You can verify this via the VIN number in the window, as well as the stamp on the block. The 4.3L motor trucks also have badges on the front and back of the trucks labeling them as such (or at least the front, I need to pay closer attention....).
Big Chris

up
(2.8L)
done