1988 Chevrolet K2500 oil leak

I have a older PU that leaks engine oil from the seal coming from tranny. The truck is a 4X4 and will leak when engine is running. I would like to know if there is any product available on the market that would stop the leaking of oil. I would like to avoid replacing the seals if at all possible. Thanks.

Reply to
cotton

Cheryl and Rob

The only products that are out there work by thickening your oil, and makes it the equivalent of running 20W-50 in there. NOT a good idea. The only way to fix a leaky front or rear main seal is to replace it.

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

Are you sure its not the oil filter adapter leaking?

Reply to
William

Take a really close look to make sure it isn't coming off the back of the valve covers or the oil gauge connection in the back there and running down.If it is the rear seal and you have a manual trans.,you have to fix it or oil may get onto your clutch.If it's auto of course it's not as critical but will just make a mess. Brian O.

********************
Reply to
Brian Orion

Engine or Tranny oil?

If you're not going to sell the beast, fix the broken bits, not that hard.

If it's tranny oil probably front seal or a cracked torque converter.

Cheers!

cott> I have a older PU that leaks engine oil from the seal coming from tranny.

Reply to
Bob

at the block!! Had to drop the oil pan to get it out to replace it......

Reply to
sparkie