1988 chevy silverado -- won't start

was running fine then it died going down the road. Now it will only stay running for a couple of seconds. It acts like wants run but is not getting enough gas. also, the breather is very dirty and moist and it
hasn't been like that. I have been told it's the fuel filter but I don't know how to change it. I know its probably easy to do but I don't want to screw up anything else.
see my 2 posts on 11/26/05, 1989 chevy tbi for my problems then go to my response to 87 gmc tbi won't start. I replaced the ignition control module, truck runs fine. to replace go to autozone.com , repair info, look up control module. napa store near me has equipment to check your module. easy to replace 30 minutes. good luck, let me know how you did.
Just remember, fuel filter can be pressurized.
Blair