1988 GMC 1500 service manual

Does anyone have a PDF copy of a service manual for a 1988 GMC 1/2 ton? I sure would appreciate getting a copy to try and solve a few problems that my dad has with his pickup.

Reply to
Randy

Post some of your problems. Many of us have or had Chevy trucks of that vintage and might be able to offer some advice or answers.

Cheers - Jonathan

Reply to
Jonathan

I have a complete set of factory manuals for a 89 that I still own.

----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Reply to
SnoMan

The problem he is currently having is that the engine (305 CID) is acting like it is not getting any fuel intermittently. Even when it is first started it seems to idle a bit on the rough side yet when we look at the spray from the injector nozzles it looks to be a steady even pattern. To give you some background; the local fuel suppliers now are using some sort of different gasoline that cleans everything...... or better put, dislodges everything!! On two occasions we had to change the fuel filter and the injectors on one occasion since the spray pattern was not normal. This cured the problem only temporarily. We suspected the tank to be dirty or a faulty fuel pump. We removed the tank for inspection and found only the usual amount of small debris on the bottom which we clean out. We put the fuel pump in some fluid and function tested it. Seems to run and pump normally. When the engine is started it seems to not run as smoothly as it did previosly and at higher RPM it runs rough occassionally as well. Anyone have any similar occurance...... or any other suggestions as how to repair this nagging problem.

Reply to
Randy