1988 S-10 Blazer 4.3<Question?

I was getting ready to put my intake manifold back and noticed the rear coolant ports on the gaskets are blocked off.What's the purpose of them being blocked?Thanks Bobby

Reply to
bobby swift

they are blocked because they're not used. a SBC head (or derivatives) will work on either side of the engine, there aren't right or left side only heads. if you look at the intake manifold, there isn't a coolant passage in the rear, like there is in the front.

hth, Bret

Reply to
Bret Chase

Reply to