1989 3/4 ton 4x4 350 Engine

my 89 3/4 ton 4x4 seems to use 1/2 a liter of oil per tank of gas. Is this normal. It has approx 210,000 Km. The truck has no oil leak and smoke a puff of blue when starting every once in a while. oil consumption does vary when pullin my, holiday trailer.

Reply to
Sportsman

Not real good. Sounds like it could use valve stem seals at least.

Steve W. Near Co> my 89 3/4 ton 4x4 seems to use 1/2 a liter of oil per tank of gas. Is

offers corporate packages that have access to 100,000+newsgroups

Reply to
Steve W.

a small puff of blue smoke when you first start the engine is a good sign that the valve seals are worn badly. when setting after a shut down, the oil in the head rocker arm area leaks down past the oil seals around the valve stems. This is then accumulated in the piston combustion chamber and is burned when you first start the engine. thus a puff of blue smoke that dissapears as doon as it is all burned up. this is oil lost and may account for the oil loss in that high milage engine. old john

Hello, Sportsman! You wrote on Sun, 09 Dec 2007 17:39:28 GMT:

S> my 89 3/4 ton 4x4 seems to use 1/2 a liter of oil per tank of gas. Is S> this normal. It has approx 210,000 Km. S> The truck has no oil leak and smoke a puff of blue when starting every S> once in a while. oil consumption does vary when pullin my, holiday S> trailer.

With best regards, snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net. E-mail: snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net

Reply to
<ajeeperman

Reply to