1990 chevy silverado

I posted last week about a bad spark knock in my motor. I rebuilt the lower end Craknshaft, beaerings, oil pump, I also put on a new double roller timing chain and gears. Before that I did a tune-up plugs, wires,
rotor, cap and now I still have a slight miss, but I can drive out of it. I did time it with a light also. Could it be a bad EGR valve? is there a way to test it?
Rob
On 21-Jul-2008, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (BIG FISH 2006) wrote:

The EGR valve was the problem causing my spark knock in truck. I don't know if you can test it.
my motor seems to knock more after it warms up, and when going uphill, when did yours knock? did the EGR valve take the knock all the way out.
Rob in Michigan
On 22-Jul-2008, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (BIG FISH 2006) wrote:

Did you change the knock sensor? When the EGR valve was changed it will knock going up a hill for a couple of seconds then go away when the knock senor retard the timing that is the way it is suppose to work. It would never quit knocking before it was changed.
yep, changed the knock sensor, just installed a new throttle body fuel regulator and checked the EGR valve and still knock. I'm starting to think maybe a wrist pin or a bad lifter. Would hope for the bad lifter.