1990 GMC FS Jimmy Pulling During Braking

1990 GMC FS Jimmy 350CUI TBI TH700R4 NP241
Recently replaced (within 1k):
Front: Calipers Banjo Bolts Caliper Slide Bolts Pads
Rear: Shoes Cylinders
Springs
The e-brake just recently broke...
Only pulls to the right from 'higher speeds' sometimes light application will keep it going straight. It's pretty severe, if you know the OEM style wheel the top left spoke is level/leaning down.
Too rainy to go take a peek, just wanted to do some mental wrenching....
~KJ/TLGM
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com says...

it's "pulling" hard, IOW if you feel it in the wheel, it's the front. If it's more like a drift, it's the rear. Bleed the left front brake. Open the adjuster and have someone shove the pedal to make sure there's not a problem with the line. Look over the caliper for a leak, or maybe a blown grease seal on the inner wheel bearing. If you don't find anything, pull off the pad and make sure it's not glazed over.
since you replaced all if that...Ever think about your brake lines collapsing? sounds like you have a small flapper in one of the lines restricting fluid from returning thus making your caliper stick.... Steve C Re: 1990 GMC FS Jimmy Pulling During Braking Group: alt.autos.4x4.chevy-trucks Date: Mon, Apr 26, 2004, 9:09pm From: snipped-for-privacy@charter.net (JohnAlt)
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com says... 1990 GMC FS Jimmy 350CUI TBI TH700R4 NP241 Recently replaced (within 1k): Front: Calipers Banjo Bolts Caliper Slide Bolts Pads Rear: Shoes Cylinders Springs The e-brake just recently broke... Only pulls to the right from 'higher speeds' sometimes light application will keep it going straight. It's pretty severe, if you know the OEM style wheel the top left spoke is level/leaning down. Too rainy to go take a peek, just wanted to do some mental wrenching.... If it's pulling right, left side is where the problem most likely is. If it's "pulling" hard, IOW if you feel it in the wheel, it's the front. If it's more like a drift, it's the rear. Bleed the left front brake. Open the adjuster and have someone shove the pedal to make sure there's not a problem with the line. Look over the caliper for a leak, or maybe a blown grease seal on the inner wheel bearing. If you don't find anything, pull off the pad and make sure it's not glazed over.
gear head @webtv.net (cook steve) wrote in message

That's what I was thinking. When I was doing all that I bought new flex lines but didn't install them. It was already turning into a 5 hour + brake job, and I didn't want to add another 4. As much as I love my Jimmy, ya gotta figure about 1hour per bolt for anything made out of steel :-)
~TLGM/KJ