1990 Tran's Problem

I have a 1990 Chevy auto Tran's, and it doesn't want to shift into second gear unless you rev the engine. Anyone know what might be wrong, or anyone know were I can get the answers.
-- Bob Noble Home of the PC-Newbie email list http://www.sonic.net/bnoble

your throttle valve in the valve body is most likely sticking (assuming a 700-r4). go to a trans shop and have them put a sonnax kit in it to sleeve the valve bore, or you'll end up replacing the valve body.
HTH, Bret
throttle valve in a 700R4 is steel in cast iron
if it's sticking, it is because something is shedding metal particles
sometimes you can free it by running the truck at a fast idle, in neutral, and having somebody pull out and release the throttle cable a few times at the throttle body
but it WILL stick again