1990 Z71 4wheel engageing when in 2wh

when going through water in 2wh my truck will go in 4w drive. I want to know how to stop this problem or how to put a togle sw in one of the wires and which one. Also want to know what makes it shift in and out of 4w
drive.
mallardduck wrote:

could be bad actuator. What year model truck is it? My 97 model Z was doing that but i found out it was a wire in the actuator that when uder water would actuate itself throwing the truck into 4 hi. Fixed it with a new actuator from oreillys and they are really easy to change. actually go here to get the actuator if you find out thats what it is. www.rockauto.com