1991 305 w/rvcam

Will the installation of an rv cam confuse the computer too much? I have had very fairly impressive results adding one to a carburated 267 chev v8 a number of years ago but I wonder how it would work with fuel
injection. How about the 267 in the truck with fuel injection and the rv cam as a miser? I read the axis post a few days ago about the installation of the older generation motor. Any advice is appreciated as I'm wondering if I should hang on to the low milage 267 taking up shop space. Does it hurt the rings to sit?
jp