1992 Chevy S-10 Blazers 4 door

I am considering buying this truck from a guy but my thoughts are kind of lost as to whether I should or not. It's a 1992, 4.3 engine & it has

210,000 miles on it. It needs work on three out of four of the windows where they want go down...hoping it may just be the switch in the drivers door or a loose ground since the window on the back drivers side works (only one though). It also needs three new tires being that three are worn & also a front end alignment but doesn't look too bad out of line as far as the tires look. The guy is asking $1600.00 or best offer & was talking like he would take any good offer due to some health issues with wife. It's been well maintained & you can tell from the way it looks too. I was going to offer him $1000.00 & I was wondering if it is worth that? Also is there any known flaws to this particular model of truck?
Reply to
Faithfull

The window motors go bad... I've replaced 3 in my 93 Sblazer. They're like 40 bucks a piece at the zone. Took me an hour or so to do the first one, and much less to do the second. I had a guy at the shop with a 92 jimmy with 260k on it, and it ran better than my truck did... And only things he ever replaced were water pump, stem seals, and gasket that goes on the remote oil filter mount.

And if you're going to replace 3 tires.. go ahead and replace 4... use the one you think is good for a spare if need be.

lane

Reply to
Funky Fresh 6

Totally agree. I have an 89 that is my DD and it's unstoppable. 240K on the clock with no problems. I DID replace the motor at 209K, but only because it was leakign oil from the rear main bad-- and I wasn't about to put an old motor back in after going through all that trouble. Old motor had good compression but could have used some cleaning out

Reply to
burntkat IS AT sc.rr.com

I own a '92 s10 wit pretty hi mileage and the only major problem I've had was the single injector unit inside the manifold, that and the plastic fuel lines leading to it. About $400.00 dollars in parts and 30 minutes in my driveway and it still runs great. As for the wheel alignment etc, that is just routine maintenance as far as I'm concerned. Hope this helps.

N.M.W.B.A.o.O.

Reply to
No Mail Will Be Answered or Op